Huawei Could Be the Next Nexus Smartphone Maker

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
But hey if Goos actually does team up with them, just hope it's a something worth buying. Nexus 6 is a helluva phone, crazy big but nice lol. That's my only gripe with the current Nexus, the size. It's jus so cumbersome lol. The G3 is the best of both worlds b/c it has huge screen but its all screen no bezels. 6 inch is just pushing it too much. IMO!!

I really liked what LG did with the G3 design wise. They crammed that big screen into a small body. I wasn't a fan of those buttons on the back, but totally see their functionality versus buttons spaced out all over the place on other large phones.

Yea but you gotta think IF this rumor is true, the nexus is gonna sell 5:1 them to us. Doesnt excuse sweat shops lol but jus saying idk...

Exactly. I understand why Google wants to target a Chinese phone manufacturer. I just think it is bad form. If they get their foot in the door over there with a decent selling phone you can forget about a non-Chinese Nexus again.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
I really liked what LG did with the G3 design wise. They crammed that big screen into a small body. I wasn't a fan of those buttons on the back, but totally see their functionality versus buttons spaced out all over the place on other large phones.

Exactly. I understand why Google wants to target a Chinese phone manufacturer. I just think it is bad form. If they get their foot in the door over there with a decent selling phone you can forget about a non-Chinese Nexus again.

lol true, im too drunk from bourbon street to understand that last line but it sounds cool...

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I think Motorola should keep making the phones, at least for the next Nexus. I really like what they did, and the phone in general. I think Huawei is their best bet at keeping the phones cost effective.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I kinda feel like moto wasn't given a fair shake..but that's probably just me.. I mean from the limited amounts of the device.. The waiting time for shipping.. Vzw not even rolling it out yet.. When they do.. Its going to be very old news...

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I kinda feel like moto wasn't given a fair shake..but that's probably just me.. I mean from the limited amounts of the device.. The waiting time for shipping.. Vzw not even rolling it out yet.. When they do.. Its going to be very old news...
I agree there. Not sure who's fault that was. Motorola? Google? In terms of the amounts that is. I would say the cost of the N6 out of pocket stopped most people from buying it outright. The target audience also does not care for carrier phones as they are more of a pain to unlock.

Verizon is just dumb. They may have the most coverage and best service quality, but they are dumb.