HTC UNLOCKING Bootloaders!

From htcclay
aefc90be-1939-9917.jpg

Where are all the "why bother being the squeaky wheel?" & "Root users don't matter" folks that frequent these type of topics?

I'd like to tell them that zOMG MOTO SUXXORS.

Its moments like this that make me very proud to have already seen the writing on the wall and already made the jump from Moto to HTC.

HTC just gets it. Moto dared me to go elsewhere, and I did. Haven't regretted it since.

Guys, please do not read into this to much. 1. HTC can now just blame the carriers for locking it down, 2. there are many other ways to lock down a device.

Yes be happy as it is a step in the correct direction but DO NOT count your chickens before they hatch.

I'll be interested in how much public attention this gets. It could pressure the carriers as well. There could be one phone manufacturer and one carrier that brags about the fact that they let you customize your phone etc. (HTC marketing dept drools, writes political type attack ads against Moto:)).

If they had a previous agreement to start locking them down (which we wouldn't typically know about) I could see that being a stopping point. Otherwise neither the Charge & Revolution are encrypted so I don't know what kind of grounds they would have to say they wouldn't support that policy.

:icon_ banana:Wow! I'm a long time Droid owner, but this just pulled me off the Droid 3/ EVO 3D fence. Looking forward to trying HTC. Sprint, here I come!:icon_ banana:

Motto Feel The heat MY NEXT PHONE HTC FOR SURE IF MOTTO DOES NOT FOLLWO SUITE

THIS IS TOTALLY WICKED!!! :yahoo: HTC has officially gotten my attention; maybe my next phone won't be a Motorola :wink:

This is awesome, but i just got an incredible 2. hopefully they will unlock those bootloaders. Do you think the chances of them unlocking the inc2 are good?

Back