HTC To Release First 4G LTE devices AT CES

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
verizon4g.PNG

If you don’t know HTC’s reputation when it comes to being first, let’s just do a quick run through. They started with the first colored touchscreen phone cutting-edge device in the industry during the 2002 era (under other companies like iPAQ, and treo), 2007 they released the first finger friendly touch screen phone, 2008 they released the world’s first 4G phone in Russia running WiMax, 2009 they released the first American 4G phone on Sprint, and now it’s a new era and they want to be first. Today they posted the above picture saying they are in the market of releasing the first Verizon 4G devices on January 6th before anyone else can get the title. This mean CES is now confirmed to be the show of the century, the day when we get our hands on the first round of fast devices.

Now we are all expecting this to be the recently leaked Droid Incredible HD, but your guess is as good as mine. What device do you think this device will be? Incredible HD or the Merge 4G (I prayed last night)?

Get an alert of this new device first when you sign up (HTC)

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

Man about time I have had this upgrade for such a long time finally some tegra 2 and some dates to be excited about hopefully it is the incredible hd which I think might be it since they are leaking pictures so hopefully it lines up with it. Finally a date finally!!!!

DanielC

Reaction score
Which ever it may be (merge or INC HD), it will be my next device. HTC Sense has got everyone else in the Android game playing catch-up IMO.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am SO glad I waited and saved my upgrade.

z28chevycamaro

Reaction score
I remember reading that the 4G we have is not a true 4G.
Ill see if I can find it again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
True 4G specs to be released in March 2011 - 3GPP
I found the website.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

The most concerning thing from that was the small comment on the 2nd page:
"He noted that not all mobile operators plan to use their LTE networks for voice services initially, with many seeing them as data networks only at first."

Come to think in all the time I've spent looking at the VZW 4G site I don't recall specifically it saying anything about voice, I wonder if we will indeed be able to use data and voice simultaneously on the new 4G service (which is live here in Nashville:icon_ banana:).

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Edit:
It would also be interesting to know what the 4G radios power requirements will be like... doesn't make much sense to have '4G speeds' if it drains your battery in 30min... wonder if anyone has done any sort of tests with the VZW 4G USB devices (if it makes any noticeable drain on a laptops battery cell phones don't stand a chance).

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I dont know if all of you have seen that picture floating around on the HTC merge back in the verizon system with a new sku seen it yesterday guessing that is it

Jmart922

Reaction score
I'm going to give faith another try and put my money on the mecha, come on lucky 7s!

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

Edit:
It would also be interesting to know what the 4G radios power requirements will be like... doesn't make much sense to have '4G speeds' if it drains your battery in 30min... wonder if anyone has done any sort of tests with the VZW 4G USB devices (if it makes any noticeable drain on a laptops battery cell phones don't stand a chance).

I read somewhere that 4g will actully take less power I could try and find the article Let me look it up I just seen it recently. It states that 4g will use less power ultimately saving your battery