HTC Thunderbolt Surfaces Again!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think on Jan 6th I will know what phone that I am going to buy. I hope they meant 2.2.1 and if its a single core then it is just like I thought. All HTC is doing is taking the successful Evo and putting it on all 4 carriers.... Win/Win for them.

Mooem

Reaction score
Seems pretty "meh" to me although I kind of half expected it to be just an EVO on Verizon. Don't really care about HDMI support and front facing camera is nice but not something I desire right now until Google gets its act together on native Video calling. I would have paid full price for this phone if it were a big jump in specs but I think I'll just keep waiting till much later in the year when I'm sure we'll see devices with better specs by leaps and bounds.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seems pretty "meh" to me although I kind of half expected it to be just an EVO on Verizon. Don't really care about HDMI support and front facing camera is nice but not something I desire right now until Google gets its act together on native Video calling. I would have paid full price for this phone if it were a big jump in specs but I think I'll just keep waiting till much later in the year when I'm sure we'll see devices with better specs by leaps and bounds.

If they would have even made it a dual core 800mhz processor I would go get it....but to just put out a single core....nope. But they will get people to buy it cuz the evo has hit mainstream as the best phone out...and to get an evo on vzw and att....they are gonna steal customers from apple.

electric6

Reaction score

all i need is at least a 4.3" screen and dual core(not samsung) and im a go

Mooem

Reaction score
If they would have even made it a dual core 800mhz processor I would go get it....but to just put out a single core....nope. But they will get people to buy it cuz the evo has hit mainstream as the best phone out...and to get an evo on vzw and att....they are gonna steal customers from apple.

Oh I agree. I'm sure this will be a great phone for those looking for an upgrade and an alternative to the iPhone. I know a few people who jumped ship from their iPhones and bought an Android device (me included :biggrin:).

My only question is what will LTE smartphone data plan pricing be like? I'm sure that will be a major factor in peoples purchase decisions. If I were looking for a new phone, the Thunderbolt would not be worth it if LTE plans cost a little more per month.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I mean.....it's nice but not my cup of tea. I can wait for something better :)

thats how i feel...if this phone was released last summer with the evo i would have bought it....its a little too late for me now with dual core out.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
HTC Inspire 4G goes official on AT&T

By Chris Ziegler posted Jan 5th 2011 12:27PM
Breaking News

Yet another of the many announcements at today's AT&T Developer Summit, the Inspire 4G is a 4.3-inch monster from HTC that looks ripe to do battle with its counterparts on Sprint and Verizon with the very latest version of Sense first launched on the Desire Z and Desire HD a few months back featuring a lost phone finder, cached maps, fastboot, and more. As with the other "4G" phones that AT&T has announced today, the Inspire 4G doesn't support the carrier's upcoming LTE network -- it'll top out with HSPA+. More details as we have them!

I know that is att but its the same phone.

electric6

Reaction score

Breaking News

Yet another of the many announcements at today's AT&T Developer Summit, the Inspire 4G is a 4.3-inch monster from HTC that looks ripe to do battle with its counterparts on Sprint and Verizon with the very latest version of Sense first launched on the Desire Z and Desire HD a few months back featuring a lost phone finder, cached maps, fastboot, and more. As with the other "4G" phones that AT&T has announced today, the Inspire 4G doesn't support the carrier's upcoming LTE network -- it'll top out with HSPA+. More details as we have them!

This phone will feature the MSM8566 SOC, while our thunderbolt will be rocking the MDM9600 SOC @ 1.2ghz. Not bad at all, really. I think I'm going to take the plunge. I am soo sick of att's issues, and the iPhone's issues, not to mention it being in everybody's hands.

Kbxy73

Reaction score
This phone will feature the MSM8566 SOC, while our thunderbolt will be rocking the MDM9600 SOC @ 1.2ghz. Not bad at all, really. I think I'm going to take the plunge. I am soo sick of att's issues, and the iPhone's issues, not to mention it being in everybody's hands.

Ha I'm w/ AT&T too and heavily thinking of taking that plunge! Got to play w/the Fascinate and was very impressed. Waiting to see what comes of tomorrows event tho...

JSK1121

Reaction score

Breaking News

How do you know what kind processor it will have? That one site that actually held a Thunderbolt says it's 1 ghz, so....

toddabuilder

Reaction score

Breaking News

How do you know what kind processor it will have? That one site that actually held a Thunderbolt says it's 1 ghz, so....

I could be wrong, but the MSM8655 is a processor and the MDM9600 is the LTE modem.

electric6

Reaction score

I could be wrong, but the MSM8655 is a processor and the MDM9600 is the LTE modem.

lol yeah, now that i look at the article i think youre right! As long as its benchmark is respectable, and it has more ram than the bionic, im game.