HTC Thunderbolt 4g screen / digitizer combo replacement not going well....

chronichead

Reaction score
1st, ordered a screen/digitizer combo off ebay from (cellphone_parts) and went to replace the old cracked one and when i 1st powered it on it came on...but only intro screen. I couldn't figure it out why it would vibrate as if it was coming on but wouldn't so I ordered another screen off ebay from a different seller (gadgetfix) and put it together and sort of the same thing but this time I sort of charged the phone for a bit because i kinda of figured the battery was dead.....anyways now the screen comes on but no touch buttons work at all on the screen. Doubled and triple checked the connections and everything seems fine....even put alcohol with q-tips one all the connections. Does this sound like a defective item I bought off ebay? I couldn't go back and try the 1st screen I purchased because I broke one of the ribbon cables on it. Anyways, i contacted the seller and they told me to ship it back so I'm hoping its a defect on their end. The whole process of taking apart the phone and putting in a screen/digitizer was pretty easy. I really can't see any mistakes I could of made. Any info on this issue would be just very helpful. Thanks