HTC service reps have been given the “OK”

xrstoy1

Reaction score
I know that a Q3 release of Gingerbread for the HTC Thunderbolt is sort of assumed at this point since they missed their Q2 deadline, but we wanted to point out that HTC service reps have been given the “OK” to spread the word. One of our readers reached out to express his concerns over the various problems with his device and received a response back that included word on the update:
…We will certainly pass along your concerns to the developers at HTC. We are working hard to address the issues you have mentioned with future updates for the device. We are excited to announce that the HTC Thunderbolt will receive the Gingerbread (Android 2.3) update in Q3 2011. Stay tuned for details as we get closer to the update availability…
Not surprising of course since we are already in Q3, but that should at least narrow it down to some time within the next 8 weeks. Uggh. And still no word on the original Incredible – we’re thinking Q3 for it as well, though.

I saw this on Droid Lifes web sight

Reaction score
Well, my TBolt is working great as is so I just look at Gingerbread as a bonus, not a requirement. Although it will be nice to use the front facing camera with Skype.

johnd09

Reaction score
Should finally give the phone all the features it was intended to have originally. Although, it is working great since the last update.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yawn....gb isn't all its cracked up to be.

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
its ok. i like the new camera with the 360 funtion and all the effects. i feel sense3.0 adds more to the device though. im just waiting for the official release so devs can make roms with the official gb and not the leaked gb. mo official and probably less buggs? but i do agree its ok.

p.s before i flashed gb i had video skype working but netflix wouldnt but now im running gb netflix works and skype doesnt so go figure.

Last edited: