HTC TB having problems with GB

ajk23az

Reaction score
Patience Stretched at HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread: Update Delay: : Online Social Media

Droid-Life shows an email sent by an HTC rep to a customer in relation to the non-appearance so far of the Gingerbread 2.3 update. It’s apparent from the email that the 2.3 update is causing some sort of bug issue and so HTC has pulled it for now. Part of the email reads, “HTC has pulled back this update to keep future customers from receiving the update. We are working on getting this update fixed, when the update is relaunched you will receive a notification on your device.” More worrying still is that the email goes on to say that there is no estimated timeframe for when the issue will be resolved.

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
I would rather them pull the update for now and get it right then screw up my phone again with another half-@$$ed update.

Sent from my DroidBolt using ThunderForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
I would rather them pull the update for now and get it right then screw up my phone again with another half-@$$ed update.

agreed.

i find it really hard to believe that the developers on these forums can put out a pretty solid GB rom WITH Sense 3.0 (which HTC said could not be used on a single core phone) and HTC themselves cannot put out a worth "base" sense update. pretty sad IMO. HTC needs to DL bamf, strip out the extras, and put it out to the masses :)

SithDroid2187

Reaction score

agreed.

i find it really hard to believe that the developers on these forums can put out a pretty solid GB rom WITH Sense 3.0 (which HTC said could not be used on a single core phone) and HTC themselves cannot put out a worth "base" sense update. pretty sad IMO. HTC needs to DL bamf, strip out the extras, and put it out to the masses :)

+1

It's time HTC asks the real programmers of the DEV community for assistance.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

agreed.

+1

It's time HTC asks the real programmers of the DEV community for assistance.

Or at least provide source or other material to help them out.

JRParsons

Reaction score
The private developers are awesome, but remember they do not have to deal with warranties. If there's a bug in the software, they can fix it or not. Their programs only go out to a small percentage of the Android population. If Htc releases something it has to be perfect or they get the s#%tstorm, they had after the mr1 release. Their updates go to all the thunderbolts sold. That being said, hurry the f#%&k up HTC.

Sent from my Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
The private developers are awesome, but remember they do not have to deal with warranties. If there's a bug in the software, they can fix it or not. Their programs only go out to a small percentage of the Android population. If Htc releases something it has to be perfect or they get the s#%tstorm, they had after the mr1 release. Their updates go to all the thunderbolts sold. That being said, hurry the f#%&k up HTC.

Exactly. Everyone always says, "Oh the devs have it working great!"

Is that really the case? Whenever I check the notes on many ROMS, there's usually a huge list of "known issues". HTC/VZW cant just release an update that has a bunch of minor annoyances or little things that dont work here and there. People would be livid if a GB update came out tommorow where voicemail didnt work right.

Im pretty sure HTC has no problem getting GB to run on the TB. The challenge is getting it to run without a bunch of bugs or missing features.

Ambushbug

Reaction score

Exactly. Everyone always says, "Oh the devs have it working great!"

Is that really the case? Whenever I check the notes on many ROMS, there's usually a huge list of "known issues". HTC/VZW cant just release an update that has a bunch of minor annoyances or little things that dont work here and there. People would be livid if a GB update came out tommorow where voicemail didnt work right.

Im pretty sure HTC has no problem getting GB to run on the TB. The challenge is getting it to run without a bunch of bugs or missing features.

I agree 100% and have said essentially the same thing many times. Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY appreciative of the devs working on custom ROMS and I'm glad they are out there as an option for us, but for the most part they are not up to standards where the average user would be satisfied. Verizon/HTC doesn't have the option to release updates daily or weekly to fix small bugs such as independent devs do. On the majority of devices GB has been officially released on it has brought a large amount of bugs, I just want Verizon/HTC to take their time and get as many of them worked out as possible before a release.