HTC Sense vs. LauncherPro Plus

Reaction score
Which launcher is better on the Thunderbolt? I bought LauncherPro Plus back when I had the droid charge(touchwiz blows) and when I got the Thunderbolt I stopped using it.

Any pros/cons or anything I should know about? Which one does better with battery life? Also, if anybody knows, when the OTA Gingerbread update comes in will I get a newer version of HTC Sense?

nc537

Reaction score
First of all u will not get an upgrade to 3.0, and in my experience I enjoy launcher pro plus better. One of the big things for me is that the home screens can go into landscape mode, I love the app dock at the bottom of the screen, the app drawer is smoother, u can custom ur transitions between home screens, and u have home screen looping. I do however wish tht the transitions between homescreens were smoother, and i have noticed the battery life to be a little worse on launcher pro

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sense UI is a user interface....so having LPP installed on top of sense is not any kind of improvement on battery life. It will be negligible difference if any.

That being said...Sense UI is a resource/battery hog. I have found that I have extremely improved battery life compared to senseless / AOSP roms using LPP.

Its preference...personally I dont like sense UI. There are some good features of it, but performance for me is weak compared to AOSP at the same usage level. Depending on which kernel...OC..settings etc I use. I get about 1.5-2 hours per 10 percent drain in battery. This equates to about 18-20 hours (normal use). Heavy use is about 14-15 hours.