HTC Scorpion the next Verizon Android phone?

drpotter2807

Reaction score
Since you guys seem like you are pretty on top of things as far as android phones go, I am due for an upgrade on verizon on SUNDAY. I am currently a BB user. Have decided to go to the android os. I was planning on getting on the list for the backordered Incredible... should I wait? If you don't mind can you list your pros and cons for the Incredible vs/ waiting for new phone to launch.

I have tried to do as much research on my own, and if you don't want to be bothered with responding in detail... do you mind at least pointing me in a good direction to learn some more.

Thanks
Rachel

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well if thats true, some ppl do complain that Verizon is getting too many new phones...I also saw somewhere this may even be a Tablet.

I love hardware thats now out yet, so much fun playing the guessing game lol

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since you guys seem like you are pretty on top of things as far as android phones go, I am due for an upgrade on verizon on SUNDAY. I am currently a BB user. Have decided to go to the android os. I was planning on getting on the list for the backordered Incredible... should I wait? If you don't mind can you list your pros and cons for the Incredible vs/ waiting for new phone to launch.

I have tried to do as much research on my own, and if you don't want to be bothered with responding in detail... do you mind at least pointing me in a good direction to learn some more.

Thanks
Rachel

If you're relatively happy with the BB experience, I suggest you wait for a few months. There will always be rumors of new and better phones coming along and I generally think it's a good idea to find a phone you like and commit to it. But if you're used to the BB experience, you'll have some adjusting to do when you shift to an Android device. And it's my impression that the adjustment is becoming less severe with each new device.

For example, the Incredible has more polished built-in support for Microsoft Exchange than the Droid. I'd expect that handling of email will continue to improve as new models are introduced.

Likewise, there is an inherent challenge in the competing priorities of performance and battery life in android devices. The Incredible upped the performance compared to the Droid but sacrificed about 25% or more in terms of average battery life in the process.

I expect that the new phones will be designed to balance those competing priorities more successfully. No guarantee that they'll manage to achieve that objective (at least not without making the phones bigger and heavier) but one can hope.

We're in the midst of an explosion in android devices. Unless you're very unhappy with your current phone (as I was when I bought the Moto Droid), I'd recommend letting the market "shake out" a bit until, say, October.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Food for thought folks. The HTC Scorpion may be nothing more than a 1.5 Ghz Snapdragon based phone. The reason I say this is because the Snapdragons processor core which is designed and built by Qualcomm is codenamed "Scorpion" and is similar to Cortex A-8 cores. What if Scorpion was mistook for the name and is actually just the slightly faster Snapdragon in the phone? So essentially you would have a 1.5 Ghz EVO/Nexus/Desire/Incredible. Not that that's a bad thing but would have to see what it actually turns out to be.

drpotter2807

Reaction score
Thats what I feared... buying a phone now and wanting the greatest new phone in a few months.... ugh... gadget envy sucks....

I don't know if I can wait until Oct. My husband is swapping to another network ( coverage reasons) and getting a hero... Even though its far below what I am looking at I know IT WILL KILL ME to wait. This coming from someone who bought her BB TOUR outright a year ago... B/c I couldn't stand the wait...
I think I can hold out for a month or so... but OCTOBER... I need to unplug my computer and sit in a dark room away from all my friends and their cool new phones... sigh....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
and it will fail because of the sense UI.. i swear htc should make this a plugin.. i will never get an htc android device because of this

Sense UI IMO makes the DI great.....

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Yea, its a good time to be in the market for a smartphone. Or be an early adopter. Hey Mix, u ready to pay retail again...

I still got an upgrade so i wouldn't be paying full retail for it :icon_ devil:

ckeegan

Reaction score
Food for thought folks. The HTC Scorpion may be nothing more than a 1.5 Ghz Snapdragon based phone. The reason I say this is because the Snapdragons processor core which is designed and built by Qualcomm is codenamed "Scorpion" and is similar to Cortex A-8 cores. What if Scorpion was mistook for the name and is actually just the slightly faster Snapdragon in the phone? So essentially you would have a 1.5 Ghz EVO/Nexus/Desire/Incredible. Not that that's a bad thing but would have to see what it actually turns out to be.
You are totally right about the Scorpion being the codename for the processor, but the build file found for the original leak about the Scorpion detailed "HTC Scorpion" as the product name, and "HTC Olympian" as the product model. Granted this is the same file that outed WiMax as a feature, but apparently conflipper has another opinion. Quite honestly, I am not one to doubt conflipper, since he's been spot on with his info for a long time.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It probably wouldn't be a quick upgrade to Gingerbread because it has to be compatible with the HTC Sense.

bd1212

Reaction score

Thanks
Rachel

To be honest, if I was you, I'd wait for the 2GHz phones that will arriving later this year because those phones will blow any of the current smartphones out of the water.

Just my two cents.

OP
R

RETG

Thanks
Rachel

I'm basically in the same boat, having a BB Tour. I'll wait until after Black Friday and see what is released and purchase in December. I know some of the new models are based on rumors, but rumors come true. I'm not just talking this Scorpion either. I'm talking about rumored phones like the Droid Pro.
Then, I will jump to a one-year contract.