HTC Rezound ICS Update & SD Card Encryption Issue

beaninva

Reaction score
So my phone has both the phone storage and SD card encrypted using the password only option. This morning my phone downloaded the OTA ICS update. It prompted me saying that it needed the encryption password to decrypt the phone storage, so I put in the password. Then it ran the update and prompted me to encrypt the SD card again, but only gave me the option to use numbers for the password. So I picked a pin.

Initially the internal phone storage came up as read only...after some research I wiped the internal phone storage and the seems to have fixed that issue. Now the SD card comes up as blank. My gallery shows icons for all the pictures, but with a triangle and an exclamation point. I connected my phone to a computer and it shows the folders but with no files.

I believe what happened is that my SD card was encrypted with the password then while running the update it re-encrypted it using the PIN. The result is that the card is decrypted with the PIN and needs to be decrypted again with the password. I have another SD Card that I put in the phone so I can use it.

My question...is their a way to decrypt the SD card so I can recover my pictures and videos? Keep in mind it will have to decrypt with the pin and then with the password. I have copies of most of the pictures on Google+, but they are all low resolution and I'd like to retain the originals.

Thanks in advance....

davesax36

Reaction score
My brother is having a similar issue. SD Card not visible after update. He's got pics and video of his new daughter on there. I know the files are there somewhere. I'll be interested to see if this actually gets worked out.