HTC Releases Source Code for Droid Incredible 2, Desire HD, & Wildfire S

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-droid-incredible-2-sc.jpg

Today, HTC released the source code for 3 of their most recently released phones, the Droid Incredible 2, the Desire HD, and the Wildfire S. Here's a link to their download site below for all the master code-monkeys and tinkerers out there.

Source: Android.net via AndroidCentral and HTC Developer Center

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
Information like this is the reason why I will be switching to HTC in the future. Screw Moto and their keep everything to themselves attitude!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really could care less about rooting so this doesn't sway me at all. I'm tired of all the debate about Moto's locked down bootloader.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
All manufacturers, including Motorola release their kernel source code. They have to, per the android license. So saying "Screw Moto" doesn't make sense in this case as they release their source code too:

opensource.motorola.com

HTC is not doing anything special or anything every other OEM doesn't do...

jodyberry

Reaction score
Hey Hookbill. I saw your sig. How DOES one become a "professional" moderator?!

Are there some night courses I can go to??

:unsure:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All manufacturers, including Motorola release their kernel source code. They have to, per the android license. So saying "Screw Moto" doesn't make sense in this case as they release their source code too:

opensource.motorola.com

HTC is not doing anything special or anything every other OEM doesn't do...

That is right all oems release that info because no where does it say they have to have an unlockable bootloader so you can touch it. Oh and as far as the MOTO v HTC thing ask Droid inc 2 owners if they have s-off yet. Cause last I checked, yesterday, they was still trying to figure that out so basically the inc2 with safety on is like a d2/x cause you can root but not touch the kernel

sent from droidforums app