HTC One's Sequel (The M8) Will Be Officially Unveiled March 25th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-save-the-date.jpg

We have had tons of rumors, pics, intel and innuendo regarding the next flagship product from HTC. In just over a month we will get to see the final word on everything as it will be officially unveiled by the company. The HTC One's next successor (codenamed the M8) will have it's unveiling on March 25th. At least, that's what we suspect is the likely scenario. HTC just released the above pic which is obviously a teaser for their next big launch.

Since this obviously doesn't reveal anything except when the big reveal will really happen, here's a smattering of past rumors to get your mouth watering:
  • Stainless Steel/Brushed Metal appearance
  • Similar Styling to the HTC One
  • No more physical navigation buttons
  • 5-inch 1080p HD display
  • Snapdragon 800 processor (The MSM8974)
  • 2GB of RAM (maybe 3GB Ram)
  • UltraPixel camera on the rear
  • 2.1 megapixel camera on the front
  • WiFi
  • Android 4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0
What do you guys think? Will HTC produce a smartphone that is even more impressive than the HTC One, or will it be more of the same?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If the hardware was an upgrade to my Note 3, I'd look into it more. I have the JUMP program at T-Mobile and though I love my Note 3, I'd like to get away from Samsung. They are becoming the Apple of the Android world. But even if it has 3 gigs of RAM, its no better hardware wise than my Note 3 and I would have no reason to switch it up.

rjenk

Reaction score
Unless they squeeze a larger battery in there it would be a difficult sell. I had an HTC One but returned it due to poor battery life and (at the time) lack of root. It is a great design and I loved the look and feel but the battery life was poor which is one thing that HTC is consistent at...their phones always seem to suffer from poor battery life/undersized battery. I would rather that the One be a little thicker so it could house a larger battery. Beautiful phone though.