HTC One on Verizon Launch Moved Back to August 15th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-one-launch-vzw-moved-to-aug15.png

As if it weren't already far too long to come to Verizon, the launch of the new HTC One has been pushed back yet again for Big Red. Originally the "runmint" suggested it would launch on August 1st. Unfortunately, the newest insider info suggests that date has been moved to August 15th.

It doesn't look like the device holds much priority for Verizon. Of course, with the new Droid series and the upcoming launch of the Moto X tomorrow, it's understandable. It still doesn't make sense that they didn't launch this phone much sooner. We will keep an eye out for more details.

Source: Droid-Life

WishRyder

Reaction score
And by the time it comes out, it will be "last gen", but Verizon will still blame HTC for not being able to deliver quality phones, thus offering less HTC phones in the future. Good job, Verizon. You're very good at doing everything wrong.

Why can't I leave you? :(

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like HTC has pissed in Verizons cereal :biggrin:, the Incredible was the only Verizon HTC device that made them any money, every other iteration has been a huge failure from HTC, so Verizon is treating them accordingly. The DNA again failed because of small storage with no micro SD expansion and lousy battery, biggest reason for the device not selling like it should have, nice big 1080p screen, fast processor, and they cripple the device, and the HTC One will have the same fate, yes it has a nice metal body, but it's shortcomings will ultimately be it's demise, as we can see with HTC's recent quarterly statements on the minus side.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
And by the time it comes out, it will be "last gen", but Verizon will still blame HTC for not being able to deliver quality phones, thus offering less HTC phones in the future. Good job, Verizon. You're very good at doing everything wrong.

Why can't I leave you? :(
Don't blame Verizon on this one, HTC has failed miserably, for quite some time now, and when companies like Verizon are stuck with excessive inventory time and time again with certain manufacturers phones, they will not treat them well, if you ever ran a business you would understand.

WishRyder

Reaction score
Don't blame Verizon on this one, HTC has failed miserably, for quite some time now, and when companies like Verizon are stuck with excessive inventory time and time again with certain manufacturers phones, they will not treat them well, if you ever ran a business you would understand.

Oh, I'm not letting HTC off without fault. They make some poor choices when it comes to cutting features. However, Verizon fails time and time again to capitalize on any positive buzz HTC has going for it. Verizon is constantly behind the curve, HTC, Motorola, or otherwise. The One, for example, was selling quite well and picked up a number of awards. Now the little buzz it had has died down and nobody cares. Verizon needs to realize that in the smartphone arena, "fashionably late" doesn't apply.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not letting HTC off without fault. They make some poor choices when it comes to cutting features. However, Verizon fails time and time again to capitalize on any positive buzz HTC has going for it. Verizon is constantly behind the curve, HTC, Motorola, or otherwise. The One, for example, was selling quite well and picked up a number of awards. Now the little buzz it had has died down and nobody cares. Verizon needs to realize that in the smartphone arena, "fashionably late" doesn't apply.

It's not Verizon that is behind the curve but HTC, reason for Verizon not taking on the One was because they had and still have a boat load of the DNA inventory to unload, because HTC came out with a nice phone after years of crap does not mean Verizon should eat all the inventory still in their system, a device that had and still has great specs but lousy battery and no storage expansion, reason for the poor sales, Verizon is running a business not a charity. Especially with the way the market is saturated with high end phones as it is, there is no reason for Verizon to take on another HTC device when they are still stocking a similar speced device from the same manufacturer. If I was Verizon I would do the same thing. Companies will stock your merchandize as long as it is profitable, and HTC has had just to many failures recently to trust them like other manufacturers, I am sure AT&T has not been happy with the failed Facebook phone, why should a company waste advertising dollars on a product that has slim returns, when they can use those same advertising dollars to promote a successful and profitable product like the S4 and S3 before it, and Note 2 and soon the Note 3. And now that Motorola has new devices that Verizon is familiar with they will get more love, in the business world you get love when your partners make profit.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 2

WishRyder

Reaction score
It's not Verizon that is behind the curve but HTC, reason for Verizon not taking on the One was because they had and still have a boat load of the DNA inventory to unload, because HTC came out with a nice phone after years of crap does not mean Verizon should eat all the inventory still in their system, a device that had and still has great specs but lousy battery and no storage expansion, reason for the poor sales, Verizon is running a business not a charity. Especially with the way the market is saturated with high end phones as it is, there is no reason for Verizon to take on another HTC device when they are still stocking a similar speced device from the same manufacturer. If I was Verizon I would do the same thing. Companies will stock your merchandize as long as it is profitable, and HTC has had just to many failures recently to trust them like other manufacturers, I am sure AT&T has not been happy with the failed Facebook phone, why should a company waste advertising dollars on a product that has slim returns, when they can use those same advertising dollars to promote a successful and profitable product like the S4 and S3 before it, and Note 2 and soon the Note 3. And now that Motorola has new devices that Verizon is familiar with they will get more love, in the business world you get love when your partners make profit.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying that's part of the problem. You're right. Verizon has no obligation to release a product, but in this case, they still are. Why is Verizon even bothering to release the phone at this point, especially given the track record? The HTC One has been out for a while now (in smartphone time), and it's going to be another failed launch for Verizon, and a loss for HTC. If they wanted any kind of turnaround, they should have released it when it was fresh, along with the other carriers, or not release it at all.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The Incredible2 actually did pretty decent on Verizon... and then it never got that ICS Update that HTC promised and it whithered on the vine. HTC is dropping the ball here IMO... not VZW. (Although VZW is surely not without blame).

acousticshade

Reaction score
Lol at all the HTC hate out there because a specific phone wasn't orange zebra striped with 10 sd card slots or God forbid it has sense. I don't disagree that HTC has has its problem & made some poor design decisions, but they also have has some stellar products along the way. The biggest problem has been advertising & market timing. Verizon controls a big part of the market, so late releases & poorly advertised releases have crippled HTC over the last 2 years. That's probably both HTC's and Verizon's fault.

Just look at when the Razr came out 2 years ago. Big red blasted 5x the ads for that over the Rezound & Nexus. Other than battery life, it had the least specs of the three phones but had the most sales. Gee, I wonder why.

There are probably more android sheep than I-sheep nowadays, and unfortunately they are the ones that buy based on tv ads rather than doing actual research.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
LOL at people that will accept mediocrity from a company and continue to support them. I choose not to.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol at all the HTC hate out there because a specific phone wasn't orange zebra striped with 10 sd card slots or God forbid it has sense. I don't disagree that HTC has has its problem & made some poor design decisions, but they also have has some stellar products along the way. The biggest problem has been advertising & market timing. Verizon controls a big part of the market, so late releases & poorly advertised releases have crippled HTC over the last 2 years. That's probably both HTC's and Verizon's fault.

Just look at when the Razr came out 2 years ago. Big red blasted 5x the ads for that over the Rezound & Nexus. Other than battery life, it had the least specs of the three phones but had the most sales. Gee, I wonder why.

There are probably more android sheep than I-sheep nowadays, and unfortunately they are the ones that buy based on tv ads rather than doing actual research.
Here is where you are wrong, it was not marketing, but crappy phones, that is the reason people went elsewhere, including myself, it's not like they where a nobody and just came out of nowhere, they were the top android handset maker, till they decided to go the iPhone route, hence no micro SD card and no removable battery, plus their software updates where hardly existent, problem was and is they are not Apple, so spare me with the advertising nonsense. If they kept pace with what the consumer wanted they would not be in the shape they are in now. Here is something for you to understand, if the DROID DNA had a removable battery and micro SD card expansion I would have bought that handset in a heartbeat, and so would thousands of others, the biggest complaint on that phone was lack of micro SD card and small non removable battery, everything else from processor to screen where and are still great. So since HTC decided to piss on its loyal customers, the customers decided to piss back, and spend their hard earned money elsewhere. I could care less what name the handset has on it, if the manufacturer of said device gives me what I want, I will gladly reward him with my hard earned cash. That manufacturer happened to be Samsung "and trust me I was never a Samsung fan" took me some time to go that route, waited for HTC to get their head out of their rear end, but that never happened. The reason Samsung is where they are now is because manufacturers like HTC dropped the ball, and Samsung jumped on the opportunity handed to them by HTC and others, just like their CEO said, we manufacture what the consumer wants, they at least listen and people are glad to hand them over their hard earned money, I guess hundreds of millions of phones sold later is a testament that you will only succeed as long as your product satisfies the people with the money. If HTC decided to make the One just with those two options I mentioned that phone would have been a record breaker, but why should I pay the same $ for a device that is lacking features a comparable device like the S4 has, so what that the ONE has a metal body, not crazy about metal phones with big glass screens attached to them, one drop and there goes your nice shinny metal device, plus the S4 is lighter and more damage resistant, but for me it will be in a case regardless, and most people will do the same thing, 80% of people I see have a case on their phone, including all those iPhone sheep. I buy a phone for its features and functionality, that is what matters at the end of the day, not how it looks, looks don't last very long when the shortcomings sooner or later reveal themselves, it's like dating a hot girl, but you know she is a *****, but since she is hot you say what the hell, till that hottnes starts to whayne with each passing day as she makes your life a living hell, OK not the best of analogies but you get what I an saying.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

acousticshade

Reaction score
Cyber, just because a phone doesn't meet YOUR specifications for the perfect phone, doesn't make it a crappy phone. The one was either first or second place on numerous 'best phone' lists. Were I buying a phone today the one & the S4 would both be on my list - not sure which one I would pick, each has its strengths & weaknesses.

Also, Samsung just happened to get a decent bounce from the whole apple vs Samsung court battle & has been riding high on good sales with the S3. Before that, the nexus sales were just so-so. I'd be interested to see how much their ad budget increased from year to year.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cyber, just because a phone doesn't meet YOUR specifications for the perfect phone, doesn't make it a crappy phone. The one was either first or second place on numerous 'best phone' lists. Were I buying a phone today the one & the S4 would both be on my list - not sure which one I would pick, each has its strengths & weaknesses.

Also, Samsung just happened to get a decent bounce from the whole apple vs Samsung court battle & has been riding high on good sales with the S3. Before that, the nexus sales were just so-so. I'd be interested to see how much their ad budget increased from year to year.
The is a reason HTC is hurting, it was not my doing, by the way, did you read my post, or only the parts that you wanted to read. HTC is in a world of hurt, the numbers speak for themselves, I did not make them up. Like I said, if the DNA the phone before the ONE, and the ONE had those two features they would have sold line hot cakes, there is a reason why the DNA with those great specs had a hard time selling, a phone with a 1080p screen and fast processor and fast GPU that does not sell well is a statement in itself, go do some research and you will find that it was the small battery and lack of expandable storage, I did not make it up, it's all over the Web.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

acousticshade

Reaction score
Yes I did read your post. You said nothing to disprove my arguments. You said that the DNA wasn't a great phone & then gave a bunch if reasons why you liked the Samsung over the HTC one. I could go read a hundred similar posts as to why so & so will never buy phone x because it didn't have blahblahblahblah. The current favorite is how bad the new moto phones suck.

Btw, lack of an sd slot, having a metal body & lack of a removable battery doesn't seem to have hurt iPhone sales. But, having consistently underpar batteries in their phones probably has hurt HTC over the years.