HTC One on Verizon Launch Moved Back to August 15th

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I did read your post. You said nothing to disprove my arguments. You said that the DNA wasn't a great phone & then gave a bunch if reasons why you liked the Samsung over the HTC one. I could go read a hundred similar posts as to why so & so will never buy phone x because it didn't have blahblahblahblah. The current favorite is how bad the new moto phones suck.

Btw, lack of an sd slot, having a metal body & lack of a removable battery doesn't seem to have hurt iPhone sales. But, having consistently underpar batteries in their phones probably has hurt HTC over the years.
You just don't get, and probably never will.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
Well I really STILL like my tweaked , daily beast REZOUND a lot. .after SwiftKey and the HTC xtended battery installed last year..I get through a heavy day w/o much power drama. Everything just works. But the fact remains ,from the launch, VZW really treated this device like it was coated with poison ivy. I.E.> Insane time to 4.0 upgrade.. ,Sparse adverts..no clue inside the VZW store on pushing this..w/ Laughable product CS knowlwdge ..MEH sales and service. On and on. This was and is still a very good spec'd phone ( SD card !)..even for today. Every time I see a new latest and greatest. I tend to hesitate. I have two active upgrades ..amid UL data. On both lines. . Wife does not need it it..so I can still have the alternate upgrade option and keep the Ul data..but ..If VZW gets the 32 HTC 1 ..(?)

MoMo662

Reaction score
LOL at people that will accept mediocrity from a company and continue to support them. I choose not to.

And that is what makes this country so great - you can choose :icon_ lala:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Another happy and contented Rezound owner...Originally got the GNex, then I returned it primarily because I felt the Rezound camera was better and the sd slot (got a 64gig card). Agree with others that the Rezound might be the poster child for how important marketing and promotion still is.

As for VZW and the HTC One...It's still one of the best phones out there, and presumably there are people with upgrades now and upcoming that want that phone. VZW doesn't have to sell and stock millions, which is where they bear some responsibility for boatloads of unsold inventory. But it's also worth mentioning that VZW has to come thru with a minimum guarantee for an OEM to even produce a handset, especially with VZW being CDMA.

Let's also not forget that VZW - which prides itself on being #1 in customer satisfaction - has had a number of flops to varying degrees trying to be on the cutting edge. The Thunderbolt and Bionic were disasters. The GNex had a bunch of problems, as well.

And it's comical to watch people chomping at the bit to have the latest and greatest now (just look at the disappointment on the Moto X specs), only to be outraged when an OEM releases a more powerful or refreshed phone 2-3 months later. It's almost like they expect the mobile market to revolve around their needs :biggrin:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

That is basically handling of complaints/issues - the survey is based on people who called customer service. All that really says is AT&T fares a little better in the handling of complaints than VZW.

But people who don't have complaints is a pretty big component of overall satisfaction. Overall customer satisfaction VZW was again #1 in this 2012 Consumer Reports survey (with AT&T dead last).
Verizon best, AT&T worst in Consumer Reports carrier survey - NBC News.com

And JD Power, VZW is #1 in almost every region for Network Quality.
Telecom Ratings - Studies - Articles | J.D. Power