HTC One M9 Wallpaper Leaks Confirming 1080P Resolution Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-one-m9-wallpaper-tweet.jpg

That image above is supposedly the first wallpaper for the HTC One M9. What is most interesting about this image is that it was leaked in a resolution of 2,160 x 1,920. This size indirectly indicates that the HTC One M9 Hima won't have a QHD 2K display, because that would require an even higher resolution image. This means that HTC has opted to stick with the traditional 1080P display for the HTC One M9.

What do you guys think? Are you disappointed it won't have a 2K display, or do you think those higher resolution screens are a waste of pixels?

The image above is a screen cap of the tweet, but you can find the full resolution wallpaper in the thread below. Don't forget to check out our dedicated HTC One M9 section for more discussions: HTC One M9 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: LlabTooFeR

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is that HTC One M9 Hima wallpaper in full rez:

HTC-One-M9-wallpaper-1.jpg

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm glad somebody still thinks battery life is more important then pixel density.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm glad somebody still thinks battery life is more important then pixel density.

The Note 4 matches the Note 3 in battery life with a far higher screen resolution and same sized battery. The Note Edge does as well with a smaller battery.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
But it could have had a much better battery life with lower resolution screen. I just want a phone with 16+ hours screen time on single charge.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've always thought the HTC One M8 had a great looking screen, so if they match that I'd be perfectly happy.

on the move..

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
My 2 cents? I think a 2K display is a gimmick for a device screen at 6 inches or less. I like the black level performance of my N6 screen. But if you ask me if its resolution is superior, using my naked eye, compared to my OnePlus? Side by side...

Nope. But that doesn't matter, because folks love to get caught up in the "numbers game".

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Personally, I care about battery life more than screen resolution. I think 1080p resolution is more than sufficient on a mobile device, but that's just me.

S5 tap'n

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Guess I'm crawling to the finish line with M7 in hand (two years up in about 6 months) but it never fails to get a "Wow" when I show photos/video on it. 1080p is more than fine by me, too.

-Matt

akoska07

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M7
That is so nice from you... :)

But i prefer to see photos of the M9 Hima. ;)