HTC Officially Reveals HTC One M9+ (China Launch Only)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC_One_M9plus_Poster_Silver.jpg

The rumors and speculation can now be put to rest. HTC officially unveiled the HTC One M9+. Just as predicted from all the leaks, the HTC One M9+ is basically a larger version of the HTC One M9, although it does have a few changes internally too. Here's the full spec breakdown:
  • 5.2-inch 2K Display
  • Mediatek Helio X10 processor
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 20MP DuoCamera on the back
  • 4MP UltraPixel front camera
  • BoomSound with Dolby Audio
  • Fingerprint Sensor Button on Front
  • 32GB base storage
  • 2840 mAh battery
*The most notable thing about the new device from HTC is that it likely will never be sold in North America or Europe. The device is currently scheduled only for markets in China. Here's a quote with the details,
HTC is excited to bring the HTC One M9+ to customers in China, where we have worked closely with mobile operators to create a phone with the right balance of screen size, processor performance, software, and radio network compatibility to meet consumers' needs. Ranging in other markets will be confirmed locally at a later date. The One M9+ is not currently planned to be released in North America or Europe, where we believe our flagship HTC One M9 is the best choice for blazing fast performance, incredible sound, and network compatibility across the broadest range of operators.
What you guys think? Are you disappointed this device won't be coming to the U.S.?

Source: HTC

Here's our dedicated section for the HTC One M9+: HTC One M9 and M9 plus Android Forum at DroidForums.net

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I'm highly disappointed in HTC right now and I'm starting to understand why they are struggling.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Makes no sense to me although I will most likely see this phone here in Thailand.

If you build a Flagship phone, sell it worldwide. Unless, they know they can not meet worldwide demand.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Makes no sense to me although I will most likely see this phone here in Thailand.

If you build a Flagship phone, sell it worldwide. Unless, they know they can not meet worldwide demand.

I'm thinking that might have a big role in it. HTC isn't exactly high on the food chain when it comes to sourcing components for their devices, so they may know that they wouldn't be able to meet demand on a wider scale for the M9 and the M9+. They possibly had to pick one for worldwide distribution and the other for limited markets. The inclusion of the Mediatek processor on the M9+could be an indication of that.

Also, HTC's previous venture into larger phones didn't go so well in the U.S. I think that was mainly because the One Max was ill-conceived from the start and poorly executed. Even so, they may have just decided that China might be a better market to focus their efforts with the M9+ given the poor reception for the One Max in the U.S.

Regardless of the reasons, it is definitely disappointing to see HTC going this route. I'd imagine it isn't their first choice, but ultimately it may have come down to available components and/or financial issues.

bigdad63

Reaction score
No wonder HTC's circling the toilet bowl. I wonder how the people who bought an m9 feel? I've been ready to ditch my Note 3 for a phablet with front facing speakers, but htc misses the mark yet again.

wesmad

Reaction score
Do not understand doing a + and only increasing the screen by a fifth of an inch. Don't understand it at all.

dexy01

Reaction score
Once I have bought a smartphone from china, it worked only one year, as warranty time, so disappointed with their internal market. Untill the htc model not achieved an eu market with European standarts approved in whole trading word- it classified as just a clone with expensive spare parts inside.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
No wonder HTC's circling the toilet bowl. I wonder how the people who bought an m9 feel? I've been ready to ditch my Note 3 for a phablet with front facing speakers, but htc misses the mark yet again.

I just bought a Nexus 6 and receiving it today, front facing speakers supposedly aren't as good as the One but still better than having a down or rear firing speaker lol

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
I thought this was normal for all new devices - that the US is never ready for prime time as Asia. Rumor read once by large Ad Exec's.
I held a fake brick of one couple days ago at Verizon shop.
I have no idea of their past technically, but maybe after live test drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk