HTC One M9 Plus Lives!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-one-m9-plus-leaks-2-small.jpg

Even though the rumored HTC One M9 Plus never materialized at HTC's Mobile World Congress event this year, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist after all. According to the latest intel, HTC is still developing the device and will be launching it later this year. We even have some leaked pics to share! You can see those in the thread below, but first here's a quote with more of the details,

For starters, the 5.2-inch display has a 1440x2560 resolution. The chipsets powering the device will be the MediaTek MT6795 2GHz octa-core processor and the Snapdragon 810 (in a different version). 3GB of RAM are on-board, as well as 32GB of internal storage, a fingerprint reader, and the prodigious BoomSound speakers.

Leaks aside, HTC's plans for an upgraded One M9 are rather unclear at this point. It seems there will be such a smartphone in the end, but it could (or not) be sold as a Desire series smartphone in China, powered by the MediaTek SoC, or as the One M9 Plus in Western countries (running on the Qualcomm chip). ~ PhoneArena

What do you guys think? Are there any HTC fans out there who would like to see a bigger device?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are those leaked HTC One M9 Plus images:

htc-one-m9-plus-leaks-1.png

htc-one-m9-plus-leaks-2.png

htc-one-m9-plus-leaks-3.png

htc-one-m9-plus-leaks-4.png

hkwise01

Reaction score
Hmm one picture shows the duo camera the rest don't. The same goes with the hardware button on the front that looks way to Samsung.

Either way I'd love for a m9 plus to come out!

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Hmm one picture shows the duo camera the rest don't. The same goes with the hardware button on the front that looks way to Samsung.

Either way I'd love for a m9 plus to come out!

Yup, you need to keep in mind usually they make many different prototype versions of these phones until they decide which suits them the best. So some prototypes may have dual cam while others don't.

bigdad63

Reaction score
WTH? Where's the Max? The phone that will allow me to chuck my Note 3 into the trash bin?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bummer, I was hoping for at least 5.5".

on the move..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the Note 5 follows in the steps of the S6 with no removable battery and expandable memory, I'll be looking for the "next big thing" on LG or HTC so yes I would like to see them release a bigger phone.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
HTC is solid... I truly enjoyed the M8.. A big HTC phone with upgrade camera would be great.. And phones can be unlocked...

Tap'd by Big 6

blacksoxing

Reaction score
So basically, they're going to wait until the end of the year to release the "refreshed" version....

Not fooling me!