HTC >>> Moto... sad!

slinky

Reaction score
I had a Moto Droid for almost 7 months. There were some major peeves I had with Moto's software that I thought was part of the Android OS. Apparently Moto's version of Froyo, at least IMHO, is very poor and buggy. I couldn't believe how much lag or slag the D2 had and how poor the interface still was (and ugly.) With few exceptions (such as putting the contacts list where HTC foolishly puts the useless widgets button in the dock), the HTC version of Froyo completely bests the Moto in every way. While I really miss the keyboard, I am so glad to have the Incredible and not the D2 or the X.

mauiblue

Reaction score
One thing I really like about the Droid X is the larger screen. Other than that, I did choose to hang with my Incredible until my next upgrade. Until then, HTC Droid Incredible is rocking my world!

JustinMakaila

Reaction score
I really don't see why anyone would like the Droid 1 with Froyo. My sister and my mom both have that phone, which I of course had to play with... And it was just overall... poor. The X however, I didn't get to play with, but when i looked at it... that's like having a small TV in your pocket. The girl I know who has it can't even put it in her pocket because it doesn't fit. I don't see why you would ever want that.... just carry a laptop around

I <3 my dinc

Humpa

Reaction score
To me, the X and Inc and D1 are all the same thing only different. If you find one's software better/different than the other's, then you aren't using Android correctly. There's an app for that - use the apps you like, don't use a UI that you don't like. That's the whole point of not living in a walled garden, isn't it?

Compare the above three to an abacus and guess what? The three android phones now are identical. Compare them to a dumb phone, they are still pretty much idendical. Slight variations in size and slightly different UI's because of Sense, Blur, and basic Android (Inc has Sense, DX has Blur, D1 has basic Android). And also, depending on the apps you use, you may see very, very, very little difference at all - since they are all Android 2.2 now (well, wait a few days and they will be).

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
I really don't see why anyone would like the Droid 1 with Froyo. My sister and my mom both have that phone, which I of course had to play with... And it was just overall... poor. The X however, I didn't get to play with, but when i looked at it... that's like having a small TV in your pocket. The girl I know who has it can't even put it in her pocket because it doesn't fit. I don't see why you would ever want that.... just carry a laptop around

I <3 my dinc

I have the d1 with froyo and it is fast, responsive, and gives me absolutely no issues. And i know 4 other people with the d1 and froyo that are having the same experience i am. Sorry in the case of your relatives, but its always possible they have done something wrong, or had something go wrong with the update process.

Reaction score
I only had 2.2 on my Droid about 1 week before i got my Icredible and when i got froyo i was like oh wow this is so fast and responsive its like having a new phone then i rooted with easy on 2.2 installed chevy with 1.2 ghz overclocked and overclocked it and i was like this is amazing its even faster then i got my incredible and even with the droid on froyo overclocked to 1.2 ghz its still no where as fast as my incredible my brother has my droid now and when I look at the two side by side the incredible is way faster and its such a sexy design on top of that

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
I only had 2.2 on my Moto droid for a week, but I can say it was definitely MUCH better than 2.01 when i first got it.

I agree the Incredible is a much better phone, I just wish there wasn't so much bloat-ware on it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My D1 with Froyo will run with any of the DX's, Inc, or D2's the way I've got it OC'd and set up. :)

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
My D1 with Froyo will run with any of the DX's, Inc, or D2's the way I've got it OC'd and set up. :)

Yeh I was referring to stock 2.2. I had my D1 OCed with Froyo but the ROM I used, nuked the wifi. So I brought it back to stock... then bought the Incredible.

D1 running at 1Ghz does not = Incredible though. Incredible is much smoother.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeh I was referring to stock 2.2. I had my D1 OCed with Froyo but the ROM I used, nuked the wifi. So I brought it back to stock... then bought the Incredible.

My mistake :(

Shame shame on me. :icon_eek:

Dukefrukem

Reaction score

My mistake :(

Shame shame on me. :icon_eek:

Curious, which ROM & kernel are you using for your D1 froyo?

tktouch12

Reaction score
i just got an incredible coming from a droid and was wondering about this. my droid1 slowed down and get sluggish right after i got the 2.2 ota. does the incredible have this too? it seems like this thread is about that it didnt get slower?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Comparing stock versions? Hell yes, the incredible stomps the droid into the ground. Only when custom roms are brought into the equation is the droid even close. I am jealous of my brothers froyo'd Inc.

Sent from my Droid

tktouch12

Reaction score
i know the droid incredible is much faster stock. i mean did the droid incredible 'get a little less snappy, or more sluggish' after the update to 2.2 like how the droid1 did? maybe not everyone's droid1 slowed down after froyo ota, but mine got way slower, and i want to make sure that doesnt happen to my incredible

Humpa

Reaction score
i know the droid incredible is much faster stock. i mean did the droid incredible 'get a little less snappy, or more sluggish' after the update to 2.2 like how the droid1 did? maybe not everyone's droid1 slowed down after froyo ota, but mine got way slower, and i want to make sure that doesnt happen to my incredible
No, 2.2 is a significant improvement. Something is wrong with your D1 if it got slower/more sluggish with 2.2.