HTC Incredible vs. Motorola Droid vs. Nexus One Debate

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What make you both think the Droid Incredible won't have the same amazing community? The more phones that do well for Android the better the Android Platform succeeds.

windstrings

Reaction score
Frankly if it is the same AMOLED screen as the N1 get ready to be very very frustrated when looking at the screen outdoors...heck the Incredible could have Froyo loaded in it and still would be a no thanks for me.... Droid ftw :motdroidvert:

Well, I just got done going outside with my friends Nexus One, and my Droid. Brightness for both all the way up.

My conclusion...........?

Their both very dim outside. Mind you its cloudy today with little sun. When comparing, the Droid having a better screen in sunlight is overrated. The Nexus One screen is dimmer but its so mi-nute that it shouldn't even matter.

Bottom line I saw it for myself, and I can't be bias, just because I love my droid. They both suck in the sunlight.

That was my suspicions.... while the lcd may have the edge, the vast improvement in normal lit rooms overpowers the rare times I need a phone in direct sunlight.

I don't think its a night and day different.. but rather very subtile... I'll compare tomorrow for myself too.

It would be one thing if the LCD was just fine in bright sunlight but its not.. its sucky... so there is not much to loose and more to gain by going oled.
Especially better power consumption due to oled only using the light it needs to get the job done whereas lcd is full brightness all the time behind the scene and simply blocks the frequencies it does not want you to see to give you the color you need.

It will be cool when they can adjust the intensity of oled like the outdoor led screens you see in vegas.

windstrings

Reaction score

Look at the last line:
Power Consumption
at Maximum Brightness
0.91 watts Both about 1 watt
0.87 watts
Power Consumption for the
same Peak Luminance 229 cd/m2
0.91 watts LCD with LED backlight is more efficient
0.54 watts
Power Consumption for Black
0 watts OLED is zero because it is emissive
0.46 watts Droid Dynamic Contrast reduces power for Black

Many movies are very dark in color... the oled would use much less power.
Oled can use just as much power as lcd "with white scenes" but can also drop way back for darker scense while the lcd still maintains the high wattage usage.

I used to see arguments like this about plasma and lcd...... engineers would come online with all thier fancy software and "prove" thier point... but the human eye plays funny tricks that software cannot emulate...

the human eye adjusts and interprets and the brain likes seeing what it normally sees in real life.....

bottom line is you really have to compare the two in person to see which is best......

I have not compared in broad daylight.. but I will tell you that normal lighting.... amoled is awesome..... it really is....

I challenge you to take a picture and send the picture over to an oled phone "no changes in resolution etc... a simple transfer via bluetooth or some way it doesn't get altered" and compare the two.... seeing is believing!