iPhone's retina display not as good as Droid's

Reaction score
I was looking at the new ipod touches on the apple website for a friend, not for me I have a ban on all Apple products in my house for awhile, and it said under the video play back "30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second" and it said the same under the iPhone page. So the new iPhones have a 960 by 640 but can only play videos back at 640 by 480 which is less the the Droid Incredible's 800 by 480 and the Droid, Droid 2 and Droid X's 854 by 480 which are the actual resolution on the screen and I compared the iPhone's display to my Droid Incredible's at the Apple store and I noticed that the video on the iPhone's was not as great as my Incredible's so I asked a guy working there what the contrast ratio on the iPhone was and he said 800 to 1 so I asked why they advertised the screen as such a great screen when the contrast ratio sucked so bad and he said well it has a lot of pixels. So if I were choosing between the phone's on Display I would stick to one of the Droids I thought I'd just thought I'd throw that out there to straighten out all the hype. I don't know about the other Droid phones but the Incredible has a 100000 to 1 contrast ratio and Transformers 2, Avatar and The Dark Night all look incredible on the Incredible and the first Droid.