Who has best screen? N1, iPhone, Droid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diordna

Reaction score
I think you'll find this interesting too, part of something I read. Enjoy..

"---The Motorola Droid provides the most accurate colors. It represented 98% of the standard color gamut, as opposed to the iPhone's 63%. The Nexus One showed 141% of the standard gamut, which means colors end up looking punchy and oversaturated rather than realistic. The CLIQ came very close to the Droid, at 103%.

---The Google Nexus One has the deepest blacks and best contrast. Because of its AMOLED screen, blacks are very close to true black. On the Droid, "black" still emitted 0.26 candelas per square meter, and the CLIQ had a statistically similar 0.21 candelas per square meter of output; the iPhone's washed-out blacks emit 2.5 candelas per square meter.

---On the other hand, the iPhone's screen is really bright, which makes it easier to read outdoors. It emitted 444 candelas per square meter when displaying white, as opposed to the Droid's 391, the Nexus One's 229 and the Cliq's 224.

So who has the best screen? We'd vote for the Motorola Droid. While the iPhone's screen is brightest and the Nexus One's colors pop, the Droid has the best balance of brightness and accurate colors on its 848x480 LCD panel."

Clownassasin

Reaction score
YES! Go Droid!, It's posts like these that make me happy that I own a Droid

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Color accuracy aside, both the android phones have physically larger screens then the Iphone as well as higher resolutions. Both the android phones have basically the same size screen, however, the moto droid wins out with a 480x854-pixel resolution compared to the nexus one phones 480x800 pixel resolution. Not a huge difference but that little extra is nice and I think makes the moto droid a true 16:9 ratio screen.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Well for one, you are basically stealing the information from that page without giving the source credit. Secondly, why repost something that already has a thread dedicated to it? It clutters up the forum and wastes people's time when they are searching for information.

Here is the working link to the original thread on this exact topic with a link to the people who actually did the screen test.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...nexus-one-vs-droid-vs-iphone-3gs-vs-cliq.html

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score

Well for one, you are basically stealing the information from that page without giving the source credit. Secondly, why repost something that already has a thread dedicated to it? It clutters up the forum and wastes people's time when they are searching for information.

Here is the working link to the original thread on this exact topic with a link to the people who actually did the screen test.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...nexus-one-vs-droid-vs-iphone-3gs-vs-cliq.html

I didn't see that thread plus I just copied and pasted the important part so people don't need to go to a different website or anything, just nice short info right here. Giving quotes was enough, people got the point thats all I care about.
And no it's not cluttering anything, it's all good.

Please keep topic related thank you.

charrry

Reaction score
Wow everyone isn't a Master, Ninja or whatever but one thing we can all be is nice to people who just want to help. We see this more and more and is't not what a forum should be.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Closed

Ok guys! simply put this is not up for discussion. this thread is :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.