HTC Droid Incredible 2- about update

evinkay

Reaction score
Is the gingerbread keyboard working for anyone? Stuck on the HTC keyboard and can't find the option to enable GB keyboard anywhere :T

GuiltySparc

Reaction score
Is the gingerbread keyboard working for anyone? Stuck on the HTC keyboard and can't find the option to enable GB keyboard anywhere :T

I didnt even know there was GB keyboard option. That would be sweet. I just upgraded from the OG Droid and i'm not a big fan of the sense keyboard.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
There should be a free gingerbread keyboard in the market or there are apk files around droidforums and xda forums.

sent from my inc2

Conz

Reaction score
weather still not appearing on main screen. damn, i dont want to have to get a different app, and i like having it there.

papaandroid

Reaction score
Newbie question:

How often do updates/releases occur? Are they generally timed, 6months, 1year? Or is it regulated to whenever they get one ready?

Just curious as the Dinc2 was sweet straight out of the box and the 2.3.3 release really kicked it up another notch as far as performance, IMHO, but I am sure there are other enhancements to be developed and/or bug fixes that still need to be addressed.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Updates are usually released as the carrier and manufacturers feel the need to do so. There isn't a timeline. Generally there is an OS update ever year or so, but the phone must meet the minimum requirements set by Google. Small updates may be released throughout the year.

papaandroid

Reaction score
Newbie question #8:

If I do a factory reset after the GB update, the update is retained and it does not revert back to Froyo, correct?

I am still vexed with the Bluetooth issue* I posted in another thread and I had my fingers crossed that the update might, for some reason, help with that issue but it didn't. I figure I might as well try the reset just to see if that helps.

Am I also correct that I will have to reload all of my apps or can I just reload the back up I performed in preparation of the GB update?

*the only thing that is not working correctly on this phone.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You will not lose the update. 2.3.3 is now your OS and will not change until another ota or you root. Paid apps are saved in your Google market account and will be available for free if they don't automatically reload. Your free apps should reload but sometimes not all of them do for some silly reason.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums