HTC Driod Incredible Cost?

synaptyc

Reaction score
Upon release it looks like it will be $199 with a 2 year contract.
I don't do contracts, so I was wondering how much it would cost to buy the HTC Droid Incredible outright?
(come to think of it... I might get it cheaper a month from launch on Craigslist after people decide it is too expensive for them and just want to get back the $199)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
$599 No Contract

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Or, if you wait 4 months, perhaps like the Droid, $19.95 with a 2-year contract minus rebate, as at Walmart last week. :icon_evil:

OP
S

synaptyc

Reaction score
Okay... So I tried to order this phone on the Verizon website.
I don't want a contract and just want to buy the phone NOT activated because I plan to use it on Page Plus. (I currently have my Eris on PP with no data plan @ $29.99 a month and LOVE it. I use WiFi for all data because 95% of the places I go have WiFi.)

Below is my chat session with the online help agent.

Samantha: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
You: I just want to buy an HTC Droid Incredible. I don't want a plan or anything, just the phone with no activation.
You: Is that possible?
Samantha: I'd be happy to help you with that.
You: excellent =)
Samantha: Unfortunately, not when ordering online, a plan and data package would be needed .
You: So how do I buy this phone without any plan at all?
Samantha: You would can purchase the phone at the Full retail price)month to month.
You: So, what is the cheapest I can order this phone today? $529 for the phone, then what? Do i pay for activation?
Samantha: No, the activation would be FREE.
You: okay. $529 for the phone + $29.99 for one month of access? Then will the phone be turned off and free of any account?
Samantha: When you purchase the phone online at the full price, it will not have any service at all. You would still have to connect a service at the store to the device for it to function.
You: I am trying to order the phone right now, but see no way of getting past the Plans without selecting one.
Samantha: I will send you a link to the phone for the full price one moment
You: excellent. The only option I have found after selecting the phone was to "Continue to Select a Plan".
Samantha: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Samantha: I will be right with you.
Samantha: Click here for the Incredible please
You: After adding this to my cart, it makes me Continue To Select A Plan.
You: I have NO option to just buy the phone without anything else.
Samantha: Ok, one moment please.\
You: thnx
Samantha: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Samantha: Ok the data package would be able to complete
Samantha: The data package would have to be added to order the phone.
Samantha: The $29.99 data package.
Samantha: Yes, the system is having many issue tonight to order just the phone you would need to contact E-services at 1800-350-2830 please.
You: okay. Thank you for your time.
Samantha: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless, I look forward to speaking with you again. Have a great day!

As you can see, there seems to be no way to just order the phone without activating it in some way (data package). I guess I will just have to wait and find one on ebaY that has no contract.
I may go ahead and buy it with the data package then let the "month to month" expire and transfer my Eris off my number and put the new phone on it. Who knows....

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
Cant you just walk into your local Verizon store and just tell them you want to buy it, and I would assume they would go in the back, grab one off the shelf, bring it out and just charge you the full price. Thats what I did with my last phone (****ty Blackberry) :greendroid: forget the abuse of buying it online and just drive your butt to the nearest store :reddroid:

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
$529 is a good price considering we used to spend that price on Nextels when those were the coolest phones, Nothing like hearing the chirp of a nextel to bring you back to the old days. All those phones could do was Call/Text and bleep. At least now we are getting our money's worth. :motdroidvert: