HTC Confirms that HTC One X and HTC One X+ Will Not Get Anymore Android Updates

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-onex-and-onexplus-no-more-android-updates.png

If you remember back in 2012, HTC launched the HTC One X and One X+. This naming convention seems almost backwards considering their premium flagship device, the HTC One, launched in 2013. Regardless of their naming logic, HTC confirmed today that both of those older devices will not be getting anymore Android updates. Android 4.2.2 will be as far as the line goes for the HTC One X and One X+.

It's a shame HTC is leaving owners of those device out in the cold. Of course, they can always check out the mod community for any custom ROMS that might give them the latest version of Android. They might just like the custom ROMs more than the official stuff.

Source: Twitter - @LlabTooFeR

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yep, I stick with phones that can be unlocked. My Rezound is still going strong after 2 years. Had to wait a while to get an unlocked bootloader, but it was a solid device out of the box and was fine running Sense for 6 months or so.

boidsonly

Reaction score
HTC will never get it. The T-bolt was my last HTC device; abandoned like all their other devices. You got me once HTC-never again...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
HTC will never get it. The T-bolt was my last HTC device; abandoned like all their other devices. You got me once HTC-never again...

Currently on the note 2 but my next phone will either be a nexus or motorola. Love the note 2 but not a fan of Samsung Knox on the note 3. Will see if that will be on the note 4.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Rezound cured me. Not so much that I didn't get the latest and greatest updates as soon as they came out but it seemed each update I did get broke more than it fixed on both my Inc and Rezound. I'd still be in my Rezound were it not for the last firmware update. Was it Verizon or HTC to blame? Don't know, no longer care.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ouch...not great customer service HTC..and to think..in was eyeballing the HTC one maxx a while ago..

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

hkwise01

Reaction score
I don't see the big deal. I got my HTC rezound in 2012 and it sure isn't going to receive any more updates...looks like LG g2 is on the same path. This is the only reason I'm currently looking at a moto x because without updates the phone and its apps slowly become buggy over time.