HTC Clock/Weather Widget and Calendar Malfunctioning?

Stoweaway

Reaction score
Hey guys,
For the past couple days the HTC clock/weather widget has been doing something odd. The time will display just fine. Under it, however, where the weather is supposed to be displayed, is just black. When I tap it with my finger it doesn't bring me to the weather app. I have also tried putting the weather widget on my home screen and trying to update it/go into app from there, but to no avail. The app has seemingly disappeared from my apps list too. I didn't think it was possible to uninstall it, because I never did, it just disappeared.
ALSO, the calendar widget is acting bonkers. I use the widget to access the app itself, and the widget will not display anything anymore, and if I tap it, the entire Calendar process crashes and I have to force close it. Wahhhhhh. Even if I go to my apps and try to go through the app shortcut itself, it will just crash right there. For now I found the Business Calendar app, and I may just stick with it because I do like the layout. I just want to know what happened to the damn HTC apps to all of a sudden act so weird.
I doubt it could be a recently installed app, but I did install Contapps before everything started acting weird (I think) yet I uninstalled it and it didn't fix anything. So I'm at a loss.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
These are some common problems that have happened to the stock Inc2 after the OTA update. You are probably going to have to factory reset your phone under settings/sdcard and storage. Don't erase sdcard and make sure your contacts are backed up.

OP
S

Stoweaway

Reaction score
These are some common problems that have happened to the stock Inc2 after the OTA update. You are probably going to have to factory reset your phone under settings/sdcard and storage. Don't erase sdcard and make sure your contacts are backed up.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I might as well just find apps to replace them. Thanks though.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can do that but if you are getting alot of force closes or missing apps it may be best to reset because of framework issues. Just keep an eye on it.

Sent from my Incredible 2

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I second the recommendation. Factory reset. The Weather is a widget, so Long press on the Weather widget and drag it to the trash can to remove it from the screen and then long press in
am empty part of your screen to display the widget menu. The Weather HTC is at the bottom of the list to reinstall; HOWEVER, I do not think this will cure it. I had to do a Factory Reset! Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums