Gingerbrea​d Update Broke HTC Weather/Cl​ock/Alarm Widget

ruddyjoseph

Reaction score
:work3:

Makes no sense to me. I fully understand there are many different phones and many lil' quirks to fix. Yet after the recent update today, I still can't use something that seems so simple but so very important to all our lives. If they were aware of the alarm issue, why the hell didn't they fix it? I just don't get it. If I worked that way, I'd be fired.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
It comes back when you do a factory reset but there is no guarantee it will stay.

night_train44

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem. It worked fine for a week or two after upgrading to GB. Then suddenly today from out of nowhere, when i tap on the clock, nothing happens. I use the alarm function to wake up early for work, so this is totally unacceptable. I have tried every "fix" people have proposed (remove battery, install another alarm, etc). When i tried to install a new alarm it said, "unable to find alaram" and yes, it misspelled "alarm"... how weird is that? "alaram?" WEIRD

another weird thing... ever since i got my phone, when i first turn the screen back on, ALWAYS the clock is 1hr 2 minutes slow, and it immediately "flips" the time to the correct time. For instance... if its 4:07pm, when i turn the screen back on it will say 3:05pm, then flip forward to 4:07pm right away. How annoying is that? Its always done that, do yours do that too?

Okay, back to the original problem... how do i fix this? I can not be out of an alarm like this... besides how pissed it makes me to have a new phone not working like it should... i did the minor software update... no fix. UGH!!

any ideas??

Last edited:

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem. It worked fine for a week or two after upgrading to GB. Then suddenly today from out of nowhere, when i tap on the clock, nothing happens. I use the alarm function to wake up early for work, so this is totally unacceptable. I have tried every "fix" people have proposed (remove battery, install another alarm, etc). When i tried to install a new alarm it said, "unable to find alaram" and yes, it misspelled "alarm"... how weird is that? "alaram?" WEIRD

another weird thing... ever since i got my phone, when i first turn the screen back on, ALWAYS the clock is 1hr 2 minutes slow, and it immediately "flips" the time to the correct time. For instance... if its 4:07pm, when i turn the screen back on it will say 3:05pm, then flip forward to 4:07pm right away. How annoying is that? Its always done that, do yours do that too?

Okay, back to the original problem... how do i fix this? I can not be out of an alarm like this... besides how pissed it makes me to have a new phone not working like it should... i did the minor software update... no fix. UGH!!

any ideas??
Yes.. the clock does that for whenever the phone is not on the widget. it needs to update. Unless you wanna look at the wrong time, that's how it's suppose to work.

nikecar

Reaction score
I don't have any issues with the alarm, but I used AlarmDroid from the get go. I endorse it for those that need an alarm.

night_train44

Reaction score

any ideas??
Yes.. the clock does that for whenever the phone is not on the widget. it needs to update. Unless you wanna look at the wrong time, that's how it's suppose to work.
nah, its not updating... its always EXACTLY 1 hr, 2 minutes slow. Exactly. Always. Its like its programmed to do that for some odd reason. Then it immediately flips forward to the correct time. Very annoying actually. The time is correct on the front face before I unlock the screen.

PS: Alarm still not working

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
i just unlocked my phone.. its 8:48.. it said 7:46 and flipped to the correct time. I don't understand what you are complaining about exactly. Are you mad there is a delay or something? i'm confused. And if anything try a factory reset but no guarantee the alarm will stay working but so far i factory reset a couple of days ago an my alarm is still working

nikecar

Reaction score

any ideas??
nah, its not updating... its always EXACTLY 1 hr, 2 minutes slow. Exactly. Always. Its like its programmed to do that for some odd reason. Then it immediately flips forward to the correct time. Very annoying actually. The time is correct on the front face before I unlock the screen.

PS: Alarm still not working

It does that on mine too. I just looked. 3 consecutive times. it was 9:14a and each time when I swipe the lock, it would start at 8:12.

i've always noticed that it flips when I unlock the phone. personally, it doesn't bother me, or didn't.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
"nah, its not updating... its always EXACTLY 1 hr, 2 minutes slow. Exactly. Always. Its like its programmed to do that for some odd reason."

The Flipping Clock has been a "feature" of HTC Sense for a looooong time. They just carried it over from WinMo to Android.

nikecar

Reaction score
If you think about it, I'm sure it is designed like this. What good is a flipping clock if its always set to the correct time. You'd never see the flip unless you waited up to a minute to see it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

kingsway8605

Reaction score
The alarm clock freezes itself. If you are rooted, you can download the free titanium backup and unfreeze it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Kolo21892

Reaction score
Let's stay on track here. My Dinc2 clock stopped working as well. The widgit works fine, but I can't open it to access the alarm clock, world clock, stopwatch, etc. Does anybody know if there is a fix for this yet? Or is HTC just gonna sit there while I don't have a clock? Amy help would be greatly appreciated.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC knows about the alarm bug. Hopefully they fix it soon. There are third party alarm apps in the market for now.

sent from my inc2

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Either use a third party app or try factory resetting. So far since I factory reset my alarm clock has been working

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Kolo21892

Reaction score
Well...I already did a factory reset on my phone once, like 2 weeks ago, for the same reason. The clock worked fine for those whole two weeks until yesterday, and then it took a crap. Hopefully HTC comes up with a fix soon. I realize that I can just get an aftermarket app for it, but why bother? I think the HTC clock is nice and does everything I need it to do. Until there's a fix, I just may have to do that. But...ya know...seems like something as simple as the clock app should work.