Gingerbrea​d Update Broke HTC Weather/Cl​ock/Alarm Widget

CosmicBlue

Reaction score
Many folks are also reporting this on other forums...

The standard HTC Clock/Weather widget on the home screen is supposed to call up the Clock app if you press on the clock in the widget. From that app you can set alarms, timers, stopwatch and more. After upgrading to GB, this no longer works for many users.

After updating to GB, I was able to use the Alarm/Clock function from the widget at least once. Since that time however, the Widget no longer calls up the Clock App and the Clock app itself has disappeared from the App list.

Some folks have performed a hard reset which restores the functionality but only for a period of time. There may be a conflict with other apps.

Anyone experiencing this problem or found a solution?

PhDCow

Reaction score
I just tested it out on mine. I tapped on the clock and it brought me right to the desk clock just like normal. It gives me all the normal options -- world clock, alarm clock, stopwatch, and timer.

I did a battery pull last night because I've always done one after a major update or even when a few of my frequently used apps have updated.

Clock has never shown up in my app drawer. When I long press and select widgets, it's right there.

Reading the similar thread on Android Central, I guess I'm lucky that nothing changed for me.

Last edited:

turdbogls

Reaction score
my wifes Dinc2 seems all good. it woke me up this morning so i am assuming all is well with it. but i will be checking tonight to see if something is messed up.

GB seems a little laggy in the settings tho. scrolling through the settings. plus HTC got rid of the overscroll glow, and the TV off animation, 2 of the best parts of GB. why would they even do that?

OP
C

CosmicBlue

Reaction score
I may be on to something here...

Go to Setting > Applications > Manage Applications > All and scroll down to the "Clock" app. On my DINC2 w/GB, the Clock app is grayed out whereas the other apps are all listed in bright bold white. I checked the entire list and ONLY "Clock" and "CityID" are grayed out like this. There must be a connection, no?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
My HTC Weather clock was acting weird too. You must have auto sync in settings on to change update intervals and fix some issues. If you have auto sync on all the time it may effect battery a little though.

Also after the OTA update of Gingerbread it is a good idea to power off>pull battery out>put back in> power on again.

OP
C

CosmicBlue

Reaction score
My HTC Weather clock was acting weird too. You must have auto sync in settings on to change update intervals and fix some issues. If you have auto sync on all the time it may effect battery a little though.

Also after the OTA update of Gingerbread it is a good idea to power off>pull battery out>put back in> power on again.

Auto Sync is on and I did a battery pull. Clock app still not working through tap on Weather/Clock widget.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

Auto Sync is on and I did a battery pull. Clock app still not working through tap on Weather/Clock widget.

I am not sure why mine is working now then. But it was giving me problems before. I also went into settings>applications>manage apps and cleared data on htc weather sync provider, in addition to those other things.

OP
C

CosmicBlue

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and did a hard reset. Ugh. Still rebuilding but the clock app is working again.

Conz

Reaction score
no matter what i do, i cant get teh weather to sty on my home screen. i shouldnt have to auto sync it, didnt have to before. when i click it, the weather appears for a minute, then goes away again. so damn sick of seeing "no weather data available."

Last edited:

jaydoubledub

Reaction score
Someone said they never had the clock app in the drawer. I am the same. I use Launcher Pro Plus and it is listed in that. When i u/g from my D1 I was actually liking the sense UI, until I couldn't access the clock. I hate having a redundant clock on my homescreen. Had to make the switch back to LauncherPro Plus though. As far as the clock working, it does. I have checked the sense ui, after going Ginger and it seems to work, but, still not in app drawer. And WTH is up with the missing CRT animation?! gggrrrr!!!

frogger79

Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat. After upgrading to GB, clock widget on my Incredible 2 is not correctly. Used to be able to tap it to bring up alarm/stopwatch/, etc.. but now it does nothing. Shows time correctly and the weather portion of it works but no tap for alarm and other options.

Tried removing battery and all that jazz but no difference. Still looking for a fix or patch to be pushed maybe?

Conz

Reaction score
downloaded alarm clock plus and so far... nah man, im not digging it. when i hit snooze it asked if i wanted it to be 10 minutes, i clicked yes... 12 minutes later, nothing. i look the notification bar, and it has the alarm icon with a ! next to it. i click that, and it asks if i want snooze again, i click yea... nothing. i was up anyway, but that's not reliable. back to the old en-v touch for the alarm

Pacerguy_Don

Reaction score
Everything worked great on my Inc2 for a week after the 2.3.3 update... Then Saturday morning my Gmail, market and reader would no longer work. Factory reset cured that, but now my Clock/Alarm app is no longer working when tapping the clock. The weather still works when tapping the weather icon, so I guess I'm lucky there... Crazy... fix one problem and it causes another :icon_evil:
I hope there may be a fix coming from HTC on this soon...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea HTC apparently knows of the no alarm problem. I saw on droid life that they are releasing a minor update soon.