Using stock HTC messaging widget with ChompSMS?

mattl2

Reaction score
I use Chomp for my messaging, because the stock app doesn't really ever work (for me, at least), but I love the stock HTC messaging widget. It's really clean and takes up the full page to display many threads, as opposed to the tiny useless widget that comes with Chomp. I'm wondering if there is a way to link the HTC messaging widget so that when I click on a thread with a new message, it will take me to Chomp to reply.

I already tried uninstalling Chomp, then going to the phone's app settings to clear all data from the stock messaging app. Then I reinstalled Chomp, put the stock messaging widget back on one of my homescreens, and clicked on one of the conversation threads hoping to see "Which app would you like to open this with?" but it automatically opened the HTC messaging app instead. I read in a few other forums that this would work, but it didn't.

Suggestions? Is this even possible?

Thanks!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No this is not possible.
You cannot tie a widget from one program to a different program. It's not a "default action" to open the app associated with a widget.

OP
M

mattl2

Reaction score
That's weird, because I CAN get the bookmarks widget that is made for the stock browser to open webpages in Dolphin Browser...