HowTO Root Incredible VIDEO

mejdam

Reaction score
Part 1
[video=youtube;kEBrEp8q0f4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEBrEp8q0f4]YouTube - Droid Incredible Root PT1[/video]

Part 2
[video=youtube;xDGhV1MwODk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDGhV1MwODk]YouTube - Droid Incredible Root PT2[/video]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would have to wait for them cyanogen boys get rom manger going.

Darkseider

Reaction score
How much can you overclock this too?

Probably no higher than the Nexus One seeing that it is the same SoC. The Nexus One is stable between 1.113 to 1.168 Ghz on average. Anything higher and you will either be unstable, unbootable or cook the SoC.

Fault

Reaction score

Probably no higher than the Nexus One seeing that it is the same SoC. The Nexus One is stable between 1.113 to 1.168 Ghz on average. Anything higher and you will either be unstable, unbootable or cook the SoC.

Good, because I decided on the Droid (getting it on the 21st) dont want to regret that choice

OP
M

mejdam

Reaction score

Good, because I decided on the Droid (getting it on the 21st) dont want to regret that choice

THE Droid? as in the motorola droid? if so i wouldnt get it. Droid 2 rumored to be out next month

Fault

Reaction score

THE Droid? as in the motorola droid? if so i wouldnt get it. Droid 2 rumored to be out next month
The tech specs arent that much different IMO. Im gonna get the droid, and if the droid 2 comes out and knocks my socks off, Ill switch (have a month to do so)

Lynx

Reaction score

The tech specs arent that much different IMO. Im gonna get the droid, and if the droid 2 comes out and knocks my socks off, Ill switch (have a month to do so)

I would re-consider man. The Incredible is better than the Droid in a number of ways (Camera quality and speed, processor speed, design, much smoother experience, touch screen is much better, and HTC Sense). If you like the vanilla android OS just wait a few months and get one of the next Android phones to come out. The Droid is getting close to the end of its retail life cycle.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
To my knowledge, NOBODY has yet been able to get a kernel installed on the DI yet. So much is locked down....even with root.

blake

Reaction score
has anyone got this root to work yet?? i cant get past the loop step ive rebooted 30 times im getting frusterated. Does anyone have any suggestions?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yep, but aside from nuking city id, there aren't a lot of reasons to even mess with it yet.

cwciwatch

Reaction score
where are the files(ie your "loop" and "commands" files). Please advise!