[Howto] Get to ED01 (Official Froyo) Quickly

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
All credit goes to adrynalyne over at XDA fro this....

Orig link: [Howto] Get to ED01 (Official Froyo) Quickly - xda-developers

icon8.gif
[Howto] Get to ED01 (Official Froyo) Quickly
So many of us are rooted...so many...

Getting to ED01 isn't easy without any radio leak. So, to get to ED01, so you can get yer bran' spankin' new modem!, follow these directions.

First, we will downgrade to DL09.
Do this by flashing this DL09 package in Odin (pda button, pda button, pda button)
Index of /files/stuff

Then, download this EA28 update.zip, put it on your sd card, reboot to recovery and flash:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Finally, download this ED01 update.zip put it on your sdcard, and reboot to recovery and flash:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Then, flash whatever the latest and great cwr 2.5.x is (I've not kept track.) Do not use cwr 3.x for now, imo. You can then flash one of the stock rooted roms, or root yourself via flashing a super user package from cwr.

Good luck!

prenedo

Reaction score
Do radio's like this eventually get leaked so we don't have to data wipe? or do you typically have to do this ^ ? I'm happy with my phone right now on ec01, so i'm in no rush to grab this.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do radio's like this eventually get leaked so we don't have to data wipe? or do you typically have to do this ^ ? I'm happy with my phone right now on ec01, so i'm in no rush to grab this.
Yea just give it a little time...they will pull it out and it will be available seperately...
If it isnt done by the time I get home Ill try to get it done...

prenedo

Reaction score
Sweet. Sounds good to me. I'm hoping this will fix some of my GPS issues... Thanks

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Sounds good to me. I'm hoping this will fix some of my GPS issues... Thanks
Did you watch my GPS video about EC01 and using root explorer to do calebv2's GPS mod....

[video=youtube;y8MkZjMZqvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8MkZjMZqvs&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - GPS issues and how to fix them + GPS Mod from calebv2 over at XDA...[/video]