HowTo Control a Chevy...with a DROID

19thumper76

Reaction score
well as a mechanic i can tell u there are many reasons to buy a chevy, also onstar told me they are no longer using verizon and i could not use my extra line on my car anymore

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Im guessing that since OnStar is a part of VZW we can expect to see this type of app for any OnStar equipped vehicle.

yeah I read an app for that is already in the works. The app will be a mobile onstar and will work on any vehicle with onstar in it already also.

Where did you hear this? Source? I would be very interested to see this.

well as a mechanic i can tell u there are many reasons to buy a chevy, also onstar told me they are no longer using verizon and i could not use my extra line on my car anymore

I have an '08 Silverado and still have a VZW line attached to it...

Droid101

Reaction score
Im guessing that since OnStar is a part of VZW we can expect to see this type of app for any OnStar equipped vehicle.

yeah I read an app for that is already in the works. The app will be a mobile onstar and will work on any vehicle with onstar in it already also.

It was on Chevy Volts Facebook it was a Video with the I think President of onstar he was in charge of onstar operations and development. I will try to find that video as it was a month ago but I will post it here when I find it.

Maverick0984

Reaction score

It was on Chevy Volts Facebook it was a Video with the I think President of onstar he was in charge of onstar operations and development. I will try to find that video as it was a month ago but I will post it here when I find it.

Wow, you can download that app right now from onstarmobiledemo.com

Only works with a Volt though :-/

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
While I agree the app should require a password, you have to think for a minute... Do you need a password to use a stolen/lost key? Considering that, is it really that much of a risk compared to traditional keys?

At least on my phone I can remotely lock it with WaveSecure, as well as GPS track where it is located. As far as I know my GM key doesn't let me do that.

Rettocs

Reaction score
VZW and OnStar don't have that extra line deal going anymore. If you were lucky enough to get your plan before a certain month in 2009, then you get to keep using the service. For us who just bought an OnStar equipped vehicle, we cannot make a new merge. I certainly hope they bring that option back.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
VZW and OnStar don't have that extra line deal going anymore. If you were lucky enough to get your plan before a certain month in 2009, then you get to keep using the service. For us who just bought an OnStar equipped vehicle, we cannot make a new merge. I certainly hope they bring that option back.

Well that sucks. I got mine around Nov '08, so a bit over a year ago.