How's Your Battery Life - Mine ROCKS!

pbrewer81

Reaction score
So, I went out last night at about 7:30 with my wife and my faithful Droid tag-a-long sporting a full 100% charge. I left the WiFi on (scanning) and did some moderate "playing around" on the phone while out. I came home, still on WiFi, tweaked and played with the Rom (after the wife fell asleep of course) for another two hours. Fell asleep myself without placing the phone on the charger at any time that evening and when my kids shocked me awake at 7am this morning, I still had 40% battery life. I was a bit surprised so I played for a bit to be sure it wasn't a false battery reading but after 30 minutes of checking all the battery monitoring setting it had only dropped to 30%. That was with WiFi on on since last night at 7:30, downloading apps, surfing the net etc. 60% drop in 12 hours. Not to shabby! :icon_ banana:

WOW!!! Well done gents! Every other ROM I have ever used would have left my Droid dead or nearly so after the above round of events. Can't wait to see what other magic your two can bring forth.

Happy Holidays All! dancedroid

Reaction score
mines pretty horrible, but im getting random reboots too...

my phone goes from about 60-70% to about 20% in a couple hours (no gps, or wifi, lowest screen brightness, etc...) im giving it a little while longer, because despite these things I really like the rom.

So if that doesnt work, then im gonna reflash everything, and if I stll have issues, it will be back to bugless beast.

but great ROM, great functionality, I really like it.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
reboots

did you cahnge your kernel. the stock kernel has been changed back to asop. although ive only seen a couple random reboot issues these are ussually caused by the kernel.

There is a problem for some (not sure why only some) but if you open the keyboard from a turned off screen it will eboot to teh bootanimations.. this has been fixed with upcoming V1.1

Reaction score
Well I was having problems with the original, so I did flash another kernel, and things stayed about the same.

But, im not sure if the battery life is bad, as much as it just thinks its bad.
Tried to reset the battery status via recovery, but its about the same.

My battery said it was less then 10%, and yelled at me telling me to charge it. So I plugged it in, and was talking for less then 10 minutes, then it told me that it had charged to 50%.

So im just gonna give it a while before I go back to BB. Like I said I do really like this rom.

trowa

Reaction score
This rom with the stock kernel has the best battery life to date for me. Using setcpu and a few tweaks its at 80% after 9 hours of little use.

Poloki

Reaction score
Battery life is REALLY good.

Charged my phone WEDNESDAY before bed. Now today, some 34 hours later, it is only down to 40%, using Theme Blue stock kernal. I do have Tasker kick the phone into Airplane mode when I sleep, and i am using CPU Boost to slow down the phone when screen is off. I have done a few calls, texts, a theme flash and some internet/facebook, so it's not like I strained it with Angry Birds or Youtube. But the battery life is impressive nonetheless. I actually was concerned on the first cycle after I flashed, because it initially dropped quickly, but as with all ROMs, it seemed to need a cycle to get into groove.

I should probably mention that when I flashed it originally, I had a full charge and wiped the cache, data, dalvik and battery stats. That always seems to help my Droid when flashing a new ROM.

DHood

Reaction score
I installed sourcery last night and my phones been unplugged for about a hr and I have had the screen on for probably 30 minutes. My battery says 80%. I don't know if this is just reading the batter wring or what.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed sourcery last night and my phones been unplugged for about a hr and I have had the screen on for probably 30 minutes. My battery says 80%. I don't know if this is just reading the batter wring or what.

30 minutes with your screen on? Oh yeah, that will suck up some battery, display is the #1 user on most Droids.

Perfectly normal.

OP
pbrewer81

pbrewer81

Reaction score

30 minutes with your screen on? Oh yeah, that will suck up some battery, display is the #1 user on most Droids.

Perfectly normal.

You can also try wiping the battery stats. Doing that seemed to work wonders for my battery life.
1. full charge your battery
2. reboot into recovery
3. lock for and select "wipe Battery stats" i think under Advanced
4. reboot phone
5. use your phone until it is down to 10% or so with no charging.
6. fully recharge your phone.
those steps worker wonders for me.