How's gingerbread treating you?

rumblee1

Reaction score
Would like feedback from owners of dinc2 on how they like the gingerbread update. I was going to get one of these phones, when it ran froyo but didn't when gingerbread got released. This decision was based on what the download did to my droid x, a fantastic phone that went sour when it got gingerbread. Please send feedback.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
I didn't have the phone very long but.. couple days after gb update happened on m phone the battery life seemed much better.. not sure how it went from 14 hours to 58 in a day.. but it did. (didn't happen right away). The only problem i really noticed with GB was it made the clock widget abit buggy and some people have had problems accessing the alarm clock part of the widget at all. Great phone though.

TVJ

Reaction score
I don't know for sure whether this is directly due to gingerbread or not, but since the update my phone has randomly forwarded itself to other numbers in my address book. I thought it was strange that no calls were coming in, so I called myself from another phone and found out what was going on. The "cancel forward" (*73) didn't work either. Verizon had no explanation, but did something on their end to fix it. Three times I've had to call them with this issue. They haven't offered me a new phone yet - maybe after the fourth call they will!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gingerbread has had some minor bugs but the phone is awesome. I had to factory reset after gingerbread ota because the market and manage apps stopped working. But the factory reset fixed that. The only bugs I can see now are the alarm doesn't work on stock clock (can download a free third party one), my Verizon app doesn't work, and stock email app is buggy (use k9, gmail or yahoo instead). This phone for me has zero lag, 20+hrs average battery, and fast 3g data speeds (way faster 3g than my Fascinate)

sent from my inc2

nikecar

Reaction score
I find it snappier, and i like some of the newer features in it. The only issue I have isn't from GB but the stupid SwiftX keyboard I installed the other day. :icon_evil:

PhDCow

Reaction score
Once I did a factory reset (not because I felt like it), it's been wonderful.

A teacher at my kids' summer camp has another job at the VZ store in our area with the big tech department and she's there as a tech. We were talking about the phone and how awesome it is. I told her about the factor reset. She grimaced and said that she's had to either do one or tell the customer to do one after getting GB. Nice.

stlcadet28

Reaction score
Was initially pleased with gb update but lately has been really giving me problems. The problems revolve around texting but random restarts, texting constantly crashing, and keyboard failing. Will have to factory reset to fix the problem I suppose.

pjniez

Reaction score
I got the Dinc2 with 2.3.3 on it and was having signal issues and doing calls a lot in weak signal areas. After 2.3.4, the phone seems to perform better in weak signal areas. Battery life has been awesome. But, I've been using the Seidio Innocell 1750mAh battery.

The problem with the clock widget not opening the alarm clock started after I updated to 2.3.4., It worked fine when I was on 2.3.3.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

tjb90291

Reaction score
Is there anyone who knows if there are skins for htc sense 2.1? I have looked long and hard and found none.

sent from my HTC Incredible2

Reaction score
Is there anyone who knows if there are skins for htc sense 2.1? I have looked long and hard and found none.

Try a home screen launcher like GO LAUNCHER EX if you want to change the look of your phone. You can get it in the app store, it is free.

tjb90291

Reaction score
Thanks happy camper 515 i actually happened upon it earlier and i love it good advice

androidweirdo

Reaction score
Someone said it made their phone faster but it actually made my phone slower and it did fix the app uninstall issue where.when you click a app to uninstall it the app size, data etc goes.haywire and it's very annoying

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

tjb90291

Reaction score
Yeah i loved it at first but then it turned to crap

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I'm not having any issues with mine. The alarm stopped working and it bothered me enough to factory reset. It works just fine now. Only thing I regret is not rooting while I was on 2.3.3. That's only because I really enjoy the custom roms. Of course I have no complaints about the sense ui, very smooth for me.

This post is Incredible 2

tjb90291

Reaction score
Does anyone know what devices besides the nexus will be getting ice cream sandwich. I know its suppose to be a universal version but how universal is it going to be?