Droid X - How is it working on Corporate Exchange?

StingRay

Reaction score
I was looking for feedback from any Droid X owners that use there device on a corporate exchange server for email, calendar, etc...

I currently have a Droid Pro, which has a known "bug" that causes push sync inconsistencies on corporate exchange....I know the Droid 2 Global has a similar issue, but wasn't sure if the X had some of the same problems or not...

I'm weighing my options on possibly moving to a different phone, preferrably away from Motorola all together, but wanted to see if the Droid X might be an option...also hoping that the upcoming release of Gingerbread brings a solution to some of these exchange issues...

UPDATE...Well before everbody tells me to do a search...it appears that there are still issues with corporate exchange on the X, and maybe even with the new Gingerbread ROMS. If you've encountered different please let me know....

Last edited:

ChadJ55

Reaction score
I finally gave up on the stock app and went with Touchdown for Exchange. Motorola is still giving free license codes for the full version as far as I know. While I wish I could get away with using the stock app, Touchdown has proven to be 100% reliable and has quite a few more features than the stock one did. Download Touchdown on your Pro and you should be fine. I am still blown away that thyey have not fixed this. How Motorola and Verizon could market the Droid 2 and Droid Pro as business user phones and NOT fix such a huge problem is beyond me. Thankfully, there are apps that can do what Motorola couldn't. I went from a Blackberry to my Droid X. I live by my corporate email. If my phone couldnt support it, that's a deal breaker. Go get Touchdown.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
+1 on Touchdown, best exchange app there is hands down.

TJdaSportsGuy

Reaction score
For those of us who have yet to make the leap to Touchdown, what are some things it does better than the stock Corporate Exchange does?

OP
StingRay

StingRay

Reaction score
So what was/is the issue with the stock email app on Droid X? The problem on the Pro and Droid 2 is that the push sync is erratic.. sometimes pushes, sometimes lags, sometimes not at all... similar on the X?

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

matjmonk

Reaction score
The corporate sync setup works well for me. I sync my calendar/contacts with my work exchange calendar/contacts so no matter where I make a change, I've got it in multiple places. It worked pretty well in Stock (2.2.340) as well as Apex and DS42 ROMS. The calendar works fairly well in Rubix Focused but the contact sync is not working as well. I have not gone with GB yet since everything I've read states that it has "issues" syncing with Exchange without the use of third party software.