How's everyone liking Nougat?

kocuba

Reaction score
Good point, any Tech Support rep is going to ask that prior to giving you a warranty replacement phone. If possible, after the FDR try running the phone for a while with bare bones apps, none from the Play Store if possible. See how the phone runs with just the system apps to help establish a baseline.

My daughter is still running my Turbo 2 and has not complained of anything seriously out of ordinary after we upgraded her phone to Nougat.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Well I just started with wiping the cache partition and we will see what happens from there. When I initially went to Nougat I had no problems. It was one of those "Security patches" that came down after that when the problem started. I will see if wiping the cache partition helps. If not I will FDR it and then add apps back in slowly.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sounds like a good plan. Good luck, hope you can get your phone running smooth again.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Yes this is a Droid Turbo 2. Sorry I did not say anything as being in a Droid Turbo 2 sub forum I didn't think it needed to be said.

the thing is, instead of starting your own thread like you should have, you went into one that asked about what others thought about nougat to ask for help. that was why I asked for your phone model in case you were also in the wrong subforum too.

kocuba

Reaction score
Well I just started with wiping the cache partition and we will see what happens from there. When I initially went to Nougat I had no problems. It was one of those "Security patches" that came down after that when the problem started. I will see if wiping the cache partition helps. If not I will FDR it and then add apps back in slowly.
Well wiping the system cache partition did not work. Tomorrow I start with the FDR

Nick D

Reaction score
I deleted my weather app, stopped notifications from Gmail and Facebook, the phone still dies rapidly. No, I did not run the phone with just the pre-installed apps, I did reinstall my Playstore apps. The thing that bothers me is that it's battery life started draining rapidly immediately after updating to Nougat, this also happened to my wife's phone. We updated at the same time and had problems immediately. The only thing that the factory reset do was to improve the sluggishness that had developed after the update. Here are a couple of pictures of my battery stats from the other day. The only only apps that I used were Gmail and Facebook.
c4d88cacdcfd53189677829b70a11b85.jpg
da130248022119012d47277c9bdc556a.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
What the hell? That's crazy!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bill-e

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
If the device experiences extreme jumps in charging or discharging (5% - 90%) in just a few minutes, follow these steps to calibrate the battery meter and prevent the issue from recurring.
  1. With the device powered on, press and hold the Power Button for 10 seconds until device resets.
  2. Connect the device to the charger and allow it to charge completely to 100%.
  3. Continue charging for at least 30 minutes after the unit has reached 100%.

Nick D

Reaction score
I tried recalibrating the battery and I'm still having the same results. I truly believe that it is a problem with Nougat & the phone. Prior to the upgrade, both my wife's and my phone functioned fine. Immediately afterwards, the phones ran horribly and battery life has been abysmal. I have had enough with my battery dieing so quickly & always worried about bringing my charger and hoping to be near an outlet. So I ordered a used Moto Z Force, it arrived today. I'm hoping that I like it. I'm already annoyed, going into it, that it doesn't have a headphone jack, nor does it have wireless charging without an adapter. So here is hoping to have great battery life again. Now I will need to find a new phone for my wife too.

It's really a shame as we both really loved the T2. Maybe some day in the future it will get an update that fixes the battery problem.

Nick D

Reaction score
Here are pictures of my battery life after the recalibration.
902406d04c81e8afb2332b8861c74c68.jpg
34f65070abfac1c80238c12bb3a575d3.jpg

bill-e

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Assuming the Z Force has a good battery I think you'll love the phone...I sure do.

Back to the T2, did you factory reset and see how it ran before yu added back all your apps?

bill-e

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
My T2 wasn't that bad, maybe 6 hours, and I was about to do a factory reset when I saw the Design Refresh deal so I never did, just traded it in.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That yellow in the Network Signal portion of the Battery chart is killing your battery

Last edited:

kocuba

Reaction score
Well after wiping the Cache, doing an FDR and doing a repair with VZW chat, none of that helped the battery life and shutdown issues. They finally agreed to send me a new phone. It has been 2 full days and I can make it thru work with no need to recharge. And it has not shut down either. But I also have not applied the last "security patch" that was sent down. I will apply that tomorrow and see how things go.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Well after wiping the Cache, doing an FDR and doing a repair with VZW chat, none of that helped the battery life and shutdown issues. They finally agreed to send me a new phone. It has been 2 full days and I can make it thru work with no need to recharge. And it has not shut down either. But I also have not applied the last "security patch" that was sent down. I will apply that tomorrow and see how things go.

hopefully it will be a whole lot better