How's everyone liking Nougat?

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have a turbo 2 on Verizon and got a security update today. My battery doesn't last more then 6 hours usually worse when bad cell signal which I think makes the phone work harder. Ihave yahoo,aol,Gmail,Facebook,Twitter syncing is there a way to set them to sync at a specific interval instead of push syncing?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have a turbo 2 on Verizon and got a security update today. My battery doesn't last more then 6 hours usually worse when bad cell signal which I think makes the phone work harder. Ihave yahoo,aol,Gmail,Facebook,Twitter syncing is there a way to set them to sync at a specific interval instead of push syncing?

It depends on what app you are using to check mail on those accounts. I believe the stock Mail app on the Turbo 2 has sync interval options, in addition to push. I used the stock Mail app on my Turbo 2 and had it setup to check mail either every 15 minutes or 30 minutes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
It depends on what app you are using to check mail on those accounts. I believe the stock Mail app on the Turbo 2 has sync interval options, in addition to push. I used the stock Mail app on my Turbo 2 and had it setup to check mail either every 15 minutes or 30 minutes.

I use yahoo app for yahoo, AOL for AOL, Gmail for Gmail, Facebook for Facebook etc. Don't like the built in email app only the native apps that give full funtionbof email provider

JandN2639

Reaction score
I use yahoo app for yahoo, AOL for AOL, Gmail for Gmail, Facebook for Facebook etc. Don't like the built in email app only the native apps that give full funtionbof email provider

On smartphones, most apps have individual push, notification, etc. settings. Try canceling push when you're on cellular instead of wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I thought it was just because I turbo charged the hell out of my phone and the battery was badly degraded. Mine would need a charge mid day every day towards the end. Maybe nougat had something to do with it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I thought it was just because I turbo charged the hell out of my phone and the battery was badly degraded. Mine would need a charge mid day every day towards the end. Maybe nougat had something to do with it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I've said this before, and no scientific evidence involved only opinion, but the second major OS update seems to kill a lot of phones. They work great out of the box, work really good on the next Android OS and then take a dive on the next Android OS. At least that's been my experience so far, with some phones.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I've said this before, and no scientific evidence involved only opinion, but the second major OS update seems to kill a lot of phones. They work great out of the box, work really good on the next Android OS and then take a dive on the next Android OS. At least that's been my experience so far, with some phones.

never really had a problem with any updates that killed my phone, though the nougat came close. when you think of all the different models of android phones, when you think of all the tinkering by the different manufacturers and service providers when adding bloatware, I think android has a great track record. a whole lot better than microsoft when it comes to updates.

kocuba

Reaction score
OK. Since the last 2 patches, my phone has been draining a lot faster than normal, I have to keep it on charger at work, and it still seems to drain.

Also, has anyone else been having shut down problems? If I get down to about 30% or lower it will just shut off. I then try to turn it back on and it gives me the message that the battery is critically low and will not turn on. If I plug in the charger it says the battery is now over 40% and I can then turn the phone back on. From that point I have to let it fully charge.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
OK. Since the last 2 patches, my phone has been draining a lot faster than normal, I have to keep it on charger at work, and it still seems to drain.

Also, has anyone else been having shut down problems? If I get down to about 30% or lower it will just shut off. I then try to turn it back on and it gives me the message that the battery is critically low and will not turn on. If I plug in the charger it says the battery is now over 40% and I can then turn the phone back on. From that point I have to let it fully charge.

exactly what phone do you have? is it rooted? did you try deleting the system cache partition?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
exactly what phone do you have? is it rooted? did you try deleting the system cache partition?
I'm assuming a Droid Turbo 2 since this is the Droid Turbo 2 sub-thread. But could be a different phone, and just posting here.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Do you have a Droid Turbo 2? I have seen similar posts on the Moto Forum. Can you post a screenshot of the battery stats, the main screen and the graph when you tap? That would help determine what is killing your battery. For the phone shutting down and not Displaying correct battery stats, have you tried recalibrating your battery for a day or two in a row?

From the Verizon and Moto Support pages:

If the device experiences extreme jumps in charging or discharging (5% - 90%) in just a few minutes, follow these steps to calibrate the battery meter and prevent the issue from recurring.

With the device powered on, press and hold the Power Button for 10 seconds until device resets.

Connect the device to the charger and allow it to charge completely to 100%.

Continue charging for at least 30 minutes after the unit has reached 100%

*** One key note - when doing this make sure you are using the original charger that came with the phone, not an aftermarket charger or wireless charger.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I'm assuming a Droid Turbo 2 since this is the Droid Turbo 2 sub-thread. But could be a different phone, and just posting here.

learned a long time ago not to assume anything in forums. that is why I asked. got tired of spending time trying to help, then find out they had something different.

Last edited:

kocuba

Reaction score

Yes this is a Droid Turbo 2. Sorry I did not say anything as being in a Droid Turbo 2 sub forum I didn't think it needed to be said.

I have not tried anything as of yet. Was going to do an FDR today, but from what I am seeing, and assuming, from other that have done that, it has not helped and points back to more of the last 2 patches causing the issue. But since I know VZW will force me to do it when I call them I figured I would take that step out of the equation.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes this is a Droid Turbo 2. Sorry I did not say anything as being in a Droid Turbo 2 sub forum I didn't think it needed to be said.

I have not tried anything as of yet. Was going to do an FDR today, but from what I am seeing, and assuming, from other that have done that, it has not helped and points back to more of the last 2 patches causing the issue. But since I know VZW will force me to do it when I call them I figured I would take that step out of the equation.
Good point, any Tech Support rep is going to ask that prior to giving you a warranty replacement phone. If possible, after the FDR try running the phone for a while with bare bones apps, none from the Play Store if possible. See how the phone runs with just the system apps to help establish a baseline.

My daughter is still running my Turbo 2 and has not complained of anything seriously out of ordinary after we upgraded her phone to Nougat.