How well does your phone vibrate?

Reaction score
Had my phone on vibrate while I was at work today and noticed that the actual vibration wasn't as strong as I thought it'd be. The Moto Droid could sit on a table across from me and whenever it vibrated, you could easily tell through the sound and hearing the table rattle a bit. The Droid Inc however, not so much. I had the phone right in front of me on the table and if I wasn't looking at it, I would not have know someone is calling when its in the vibrate mode. Does anyone else have similar experiences or am I the only one?

mishmash

Reaction score
Mine vibrates so loudly, I turned it off for text messages (I get a lot during the day ;-)

WeakChopper

Reaction score
[video=youtube;T8EavuCJjC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8EavuCJjC4]YouTube - Best Android App Ever[/url][/video]

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha yea I had dildroid for a while for a good laugh... funny idea...

QuietStorm007

Reaction score
I always put my phone on the charger in the kitchen when I walk in from work. Sometimes I forget to turn the ringer back up .... I'll be in the living room and I can still hear it vibrate.

Maybe I have bat ears though? :blink:

wowetta

Reaction score
I notice this too. I can't hear or feel the vibration when my phone is 8 inches away from me on my desk. What are we missing???

spartanstew

Reaction score
This would not be good news for me (my Incredible doesn't come until tomorrow, so can't test it out yet), as my phone is on vibrate 100% of the time.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Had my phone on vibrate while I was at work today and noticed that the actual vibration wasn't as strong as I thought it'd be. The Moto Droid could sit on a table across from me and whenever it vibrated, you could easily tell through the sound and hearing the table rattle a bit. The Droid Inc however, not so much. I had the phone right in front of me on the table and if I wasn't looking at it, I would not have know someone is calling when its in the vibrate mode. Does anyone else have similar experiences or am I the only one?

Don't know if you found this thread but I just saw a couple of others posts on this same issue with the Incredible. This is what worked for them: phone doesnt vibrate although vibrate is on

It also fixes the same issue on the Droid. Good luck to you! :i-m_so_happy:

OP
P
Reaction score
thanks annedroid for the link, ill have to give it a try, i will post back later with my results. aside from that, anyone else also feel that thier INC doesn't vibrate as strong as it should?

weakchopper, haha i'll check that one out later too, maybe even show it to some of ma lady friends.