My vibrate changed all of a sudden?

altjx

Reaction score
Is there any settings that could affect the way the phone vibrates? It seems like my phone's vibration changed since last week. I haven't dropped the phone, knocked it against anything, or nothing similar. I just happened to notice that when someone called today while it was on vibrate, it's like the vibration wasn't strong and didn't vibrate as "much" if you will.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This is a known issue, and I'm sorry to say that there's no fix that I'm aware of.

The vibration will come and go for no reason. If you do a search, there are threads all over the place about this, for the razr and the maxx. You can really feel this change when you view pics in your gallery if you go to the last pic and swipe from right to left... the vibration changes constantly.

It will be interesting to see if this plagues the HD/fighter when it comes out.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

Last edited:
OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
This is a known issue, and I'm sorry to say that there's no fix that I'm aware of.

The vibration will come and go for no reason. If you do a search, there are threads all over the place about this, for the razr and the maxx. You can really feel this change when you view pics in your gallery if you go to the last pic and swipe from left to right... the vibration changes constantly.

It will be interesting to see if this plagues the HD/fighter when it comes out.

Wow, seriously? :( Interesting. Well, at least it's not just my device, lol. That's the first thing I did too when I noticed the vibration change (went to my gallery).

Thanks for your input man!

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Wow... unbelievably >_< the vibrate has stopped completely!! Is there any known temporary fixes at least?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Power cycle the device. This sometimes works. Hope this helps??

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Power cycle the device. This sometimes works. Hope this helps??

No success here :(

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No success here :(

I'm sorry to say, it will come back when it wants to... sad to say..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK, I've spent the last 45 mins trying.to.get one of my maxx's to replicate this... and nothing. But my wife's maxx had a weak vibrate.

Remember what I said about going into your gallery and viewing the last pic, and swiping from right to left?? Well after a few times doing this, the vibrate got weaker yet. So i started messing with lots of different things...

Try this, set your device to vibrate when silent for calls. Do this in settings, sounds, it'll say vibrate at the top, select when silent. Now call your phone from another device and quickly turn the ringer volume down to silent. This kicked the vibrate into high gear for me...

Hope this helps?

Last edited:
OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
OK, I've spent the last 45 mins trying.to.get one of my maxx's to replicate this... and nothing. But my wife's maxx had a weak vibrate.

Remember what I said about going into your gallery and viewing the last pic, and swiping from right to left?? Well after a few times doing this, the vibrate got weaker yet. So i started messing with lots of different things...

Try this, set your device to vibrate when silent for calls. Do this in settings, sounds, it'll say vibrate at the top, select when silent. Now call your phone from another device and quickly turn the ringer volume down to silent. This kicked the vibrate into high gear for me...

Hope this helps?

Vibrate when silent for calls? I don't see anything regarding that. I can only vibrate "always", "never", "only when not in silent mode", and "only when silent"

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with Verizon and I explained how this seems to be going around as a popular issue, but I also raised the concern about my 14-day window.

He suggested I get it replaced, so I'm going to bring it to them this evening. What's the easiest way to back up ALL my settings? Do I need to clear the SD card?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So I just got off the phone with Verizon and I explained how this seems to be going around as a popular issue, but I also raised the concern about my 14-day window.

He suggested I get it replaced, so I'm going to bring it to them this evening. What's the easiest way to back up ALL my settings? Do I need to clear the SD card?

In settings, privacy, do you have "back up my data" and "automatic restore" selected?? If so, your settings are backed up to your gmail account.

As far as the SD card.. unmount and remove yours, you'll be taking your sim card as well, and install them in the new device, they will probably want to do this anyway.

Hope this helps?

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
In settings, privacy, do you have "back up my data" and "automatic restore" selected?? If so, your settings are backed up to your gmail account.

As far as the SD card.. unmount and remove yours, you'll be taking your sim card as well, and install them in the new device, they will probably want to do this anyway.

Hope this helps?

I had this set before I did a factory reset actually. Both are checked now and were even before the restore. After I added my Gmail account, I still had to go back in and set all my settings again.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmmm, which settings?? MOST of mine transfer back. Odd

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Hmmmm, which settings?? MOST of mine transfer back. Odd

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Yeah, that's a bit weird. None of them came back. I had to set the keyboard settings back, my security pattern, all of my sound settings, location, and wifi settings.