How use selfie stick w droid maxx

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have a droid maxx and tries two friends selfie sticks that use the headset connection no Bluetooth. I read you have to set take picture if volume buttons pressed to do it that way but can't find an option what's a good selfie stick and instructions for droid maxx

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can't recommend any selfie sticks since I don't take them. But my Droid Maxx takes pictures using either volume button by default. I have never seen any setting for this, I thought that was just part of the camera. Tours should take pics using the volume buttons if you have the stock camera app.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I can't find anyway to et the droid maxx to auto take a picture if volume button is pushed which is what most selfie sticks emulate any ideas also I have heard a few selfie sticks do Bluetooth what is the benefit of a Bluetooth selfie stick do u need a specific camera blueatooth app?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Can you take a normal picture using the volume buttons?

doogald

Reaction score
My stock camera takes pics from a volume button press?
Yes, it does, but only the physical buttons. If you use a selfie stick that connects by BT and emulates a volume press, it won't take a photo with the stock camera.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, it does, but only the physical buttons. If you use a selfie stick that connects by BT and emulates a volume press, it won't take a photo with the stock camera.
OK, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just realized something. The OP said they are using a stick that connects to the headphone jack, and did ask if a BT selfie stick would work. I think it might work through BT. Maybe the headphone jack cannot emulate the physical button press, but it should work with a BT stick. I can take pictures with my watch and that is a BT connection to my phone. Something to consider.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Drawback of Bluetooth is that it's another thing to charge :( wanted the version that was always on since you know it will never be charged when u wanna take a selfie ...

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I just realized something. The OP said they are using a stick that connects to the headphone jack, and did ask if a BT selfie stick would work. I think it might work through BT. Maybe the headphone jack cannot emulate the physical button press, but it should work with a BT stick. I can take pictures with my watch and that is a BT connection to my phone. Something to consider.
I think you may need an a special photo app that detects volume up down presses or whatever sugnal comes from the head phone jack still trying to figure out whats needed

doogald

Reaction score
I think you may need an a special photo app that detects volume up down presses or whatever sugnal comes from the head phone jack still trying to figure out whats needed
See my post #5 above....

Again, I don't have a selfie stick, never will, so I don't know for sure, but that app looks like it should work.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I did a play store search for selfie camera and it found a bunch but looked like a lot had issues i hope they start building the function into the stock cameras

doogald

Reaction score
I did a play store search for selfie camera and it found a bunch but looked like a lot had issues i hope they start building the function into the stock cameras
I tried the app I linked above with my BT earbuds. When I pressed the play/pause button, it too a photo just fine, it looked as good as any photo taken with the stock camera.