Droid Maxx volume button

knifeguy68

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Just got a new Droid Maxx, love the phone. The volume button sticks in the up position. Verizon will exchange it, going Saturday.

I don't want to go through the trouble of setting up another phone if there is an easy reliable fix for the button.

Any suggestions? Easier to just return it for exchange?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Pull it out and see if that helps.

OP
knifeguy68

knifeguy68

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I did. Hitting volume down works but just does it again. Try and turn music up a bit and it shoots all the way up.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It could be a simple repair like a new volume button, but it sounds like the issue is with the contact area inside the phone. This is just my 2 cents: let Verizon replace it under warranty. It might be a hassle setting up a new phone. But if you are not 100% sure how to fix the current phone and are not comfortable doing it...you take the chance of voiding your warranty and ending up with a really expensive paper weight. For the minimal hassle of setting up a new phone...at least you know it's covered under warranty also...just like the original. Again...that's just my opinion.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good advice, will just exchange. Was hoping it was one of those really simple things. Thanks very much.

It could be a really simple thing. I was just offering advice & opinion. Kind of comes down to how comfortable you feel with trying the repair yourself. If there are any doubt's about trying the repair....warranty replacement is probably the best idea. I have taken a few phones & media players apart in the past and replaced parts and all worked great again. I have no idea how this Droid Maxx comes apart and then goes together again.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It could be a simple repair like a new volume button, but it sounds like the issue is with the contact area inside the phone. This is just my 2 cents: let Verizon replace it under warranty. It might be a hassle setting up a new phone. But if you are not 100% sure how to fix the current phone and are not comfortable doing it...you take the chance of voiding your warranty and ending up with a really expensive paper weight. For the minimal hassle of setting up a new phone...at least you know it's covered under warranty also...just like the original. Again...that's just my opinion.
Agreed, and since it's a brand new phone or should be replaced with a factory fresh, sealed new one. No trouble and no worries of a future warranty issue.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Made it back to the Verizon store today to exchange. Quick and easy.
Good deal. Now you can start fresh with e new phone. I usually realize that I had apps that I never really used...