How to use mp3 for alarm clock?

tripper511

Reaction score
I was using mp3s for my alarm clock on my droid 1. When I choose the sound it would ask me if I wanted to use the android system or music. Today I checked "always use this decision' and hit android system by accident. How can I undo this so I can start selecting my music again?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You could try going to settings > applications > manage apps > all > android system and clear defaults

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
T

tripper511

Reaction score
Yeah I tried that and it didn't work. I ended up downloading tone picker and when I went to choose a sound the menu came back up with my choice to use music or the android system.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Handcent is the app that gives me the option to play music or system tones. Never understood why but it is. If I uninstall Handcent I no longer get the option to use music as notifications.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

OP
T

tripper511

Reaction score
yeah handcent was the app that gave me the music option too, but I accidentally checked always use this option and choose the system sounds instead. But I got the menu to come back up and changed it back to music.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah handcent was the app that gave me the music option too, but I accidentally checked always use this option and choose the system sounds instead. But I got the menu to come back up and changed it back to music.

Settings/applications/manage applications/all applicatons/handscent/clear data and cache. See if that works.

If you are using the one on the Alarm itself, then follow the same directions but change handscent to alarm. You will have to reset any and all alams.

OP
T

tripper511

Reaction score
Is that going to erase all my text messages and settings too? I got it working the way I wanted too as I stated in my last text but I'll try this also if it isn't going to delete all my messages.