How to upgrade to Liberty Gingerbread

slicktrick689

Reaction score
I'm running the first leaked gingerbread build for the D2 and I want to upgrade to Liberty Gingerbread. on jrummy's post it says you have to be on the 4.5.588 build of gingerbread but I thought that was only for the DX. how exactly do I upgrade to Liberty Gingerbread?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are on the leak for d2 (there is only one i believe, the monster file), then you can flash liberty gb. I'm on a d2 as well and the donate toolbox only has 0.4. So yeah, you should be able to jump right on. I've been debating it myself, but I'm loving liberty 2.0.1 and dont want the potential bugs with liberty gb (beta). Let me know how it goes

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yes there is only 1 link and it is the monster file and if your on that do as Idopa said and get the donated toolbox and install threw there....and right now there only "night lights" beta comes after that night lights are working good enough to go into beta just to make that clear so people aren't confused

Zog

Reaction score
You don't have to pay for the toolbox to get it anymore, 0.4 was released to the public here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...om-liberty-gingerbread-v0-4-return-eagle.html

Simply download the zip and flash it using droid 2 bootstrapper.

I occasionally get a bug where my sound doesn't work without headphones, a simple hot reboot fixes it. That's the only one I've come across, no random reboots or instability.

Last edited:

Standalone010

Reaction score
I was on .4 for two days, and the only real issue I had was that there was no haptic feedback at all, which really bothered me after a bit so I just flashed back to the Gingerbread leak. It seems fantastic so far, but for some reason, that haptic feedback issue really got to me haha.

Aequitas

Reaction score
hmm i just installed the gb leak and it seems im having the haptic feedback issue and at first had the voice call issue but thats ok now. so i guess i have nothing to loose by flashing liberty again... need something on here cant stand this stupid blur

jayxpx

Reaction score
i am currently on Android Version 2.2.1 with Liberty v2.0.1 and was wondering how i would go about getting onto gingerbread and the newest version of liberty. I am assuming i cant just go to nightlies and flash the latest v.4...does anyone have a link on how to flash the right Gingerbread version to my D2 before i put the newest liberty on it?

jayxpx

Reaction score
once i install this through clockwork i can go to the liberty toolbox and install the latest v.4 in the nightlies correct? Anything else i should do in between?

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
once i install this through clockwork i can go to the liberty toolbox and install the latest v.4 in the nightlies correct? Anything else i should do in between?

Yes! Make sure u download the .591 kernal 1st otherwise u might get 3g issues. Flash it first then lgb.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jayxpx

Reaction score
do you have a link to where the .591 kernel is? and how to flash?

OP
S

slicktrick689

Reaction score
I thought the .591 build is only for the DX? on the D2 can't you just flash liberty gingerbread over the original gingerbread leak?

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yes thats only for dx and you HAVE TO flash the liberated GB over the GB leak for it to work as well

Aequitas

Reaction score
Well I put on Lib GB and its awesome! didnt fix my haptic feedback issue, but im getting used to it.... so much faster than stock with all that garbage. Only other issue i had was when i customized my lib i chose aosp calender and that didnt work so i had to go back and install blur calenedar
Is there any theme out to get back to the way stock gb looked?