How to uninstall Fission 2.4.3

FC127

Reaction score
Hi,

I love this ROM, for the record, but just want to know what the best way to uninstall and go back to stock is. I used Fission Rom Manager whick made a backup for me.

I have a key pulling up on my keyboard and I want to make sure everything is clean before I take it to VZW.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Restore your backup and then you may have to unroot.
Hi,

I love this ROM, for the record, but just want to know what the best way to uninstall and go back to stock is. I used Fission Rom Manager whick made a backup for me.

I have a key pulling up on my keyboard and I want to make sure everything is clean before I take it to VZW.

Thanks in advance.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hopefully you made a nandroid backup before installing the rom.

WHat I normally do when going from his aosp rom back to a blur rom (ie 3.0.0) is boot into recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe battery data, and wipe dalvick cache...then restore my nandroid backup. Now is all that required, probably not but i take the extra time to do it anyway.

If you did not make a nandroid backup then you will have to use sbf.

OP
FC127

FC127

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you restore a backup?

Unrooting shouldn't be a problem though. I used z4root.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh my bad I did not read all the way you just want it to get ready to send to vzw....then yes follow what A Nobody suggested.

OP
FC127

FC127

Reaction score
Thanks for the help all... It turns out that fission rom manager makes a nandroid backup automatically. I found a step by step guide for restoring the backup.

Now to clean off the rest...

Sent from my D2 using DroidForums app

duck on quack

Reaction score
If you're returning the phone it's definitely a good idea to flash the correct sbf and revert the phone completely to stock. If you already updated to 2.3.20, use that sbf, if not use 2.2.20. Doing this incorrectly can result in a brick.

OP
FC127

FC127

Reaction score
Ok, good to know. Thanks!

natas420

Reaction score
lol...I wonder if anyone will answer that one . . .

I wonder if anyone asked a Verizon salesperson help on how to root their device?

I've had one rep mention rooting, just in normal conversation but with no "don't do that" or "Verizon will come after your wife" kind of thing...but he/she just mentioning the capabilities.

Anyone else return their rooted/rom'd phone or had interesting conversations with vzw? Sorry to expand here, but now u got me curious . . .