Fission help run faster?

abcdylan

Reaction score
North Bay, California- Soon to be Queens NY
Does the Fission, which emulates the D1 system, help your D2 run faster since there's not all that Blur garbage in the background?

I installed a superclean ROM, and cover everything with Launcher Pro, but I want my phone as clean as possible for maximum speed. Anyone know if this would help?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mrjaydee82

Reaction score
Not having all that blur will seem to make ur phone faster since it will be freeing up a lot more memory. Im using fission 2.0.1 and i love it. Its clean and faster than stock imo. D2 stock is already plenty fast but people like us are greedy and want more speedy. Hope i answered ur? Also u can oc ur rooted d2 if u want even mote speed

nightwo|f

Reaction score
I didn't mess with my D2 much before installing Fission, but it definitely seems faster. Upon boot it has about 180MB free memory and is very swift swapping between apps. If you multitask a lot and don't care for the Blur services it is definitely worth it.

scottic2

Reaction score
Adding to the performance of the Fission ROM, I cannot believe how my battery life has improved since I installed it. I previously had the StarWars super clean rom installed and was getting good battery life, until I started installing a lot of apps, and then my battery life went down the drain. I then SBF'ed back to stock (2.2), rerooted, and then installed the Fission rom. I also (and I think this is the key) did not choose to allow Google to sync my settings and applications while going through the initial setup while on Fission.
My only issue with Fission is that when the phone is docked in my car (horizontally) and you bring up the phone, there is no dialpad. You have to either dial by contact, or recent calls.
Screenshot of battery below:
91087505.jpg

Goatastic

Reaction score
Scottic2 what are you using to have that battery meter be an ongoing task? Also how did you get the battery bar itself tun into a guage like that? Theme or app?

scottic2

Reaction score
Scottic2 what are you using to have that battery meter be an ongoing task? Also how did you get the battery bar itself tun into a guage like that? Theme or app?
The bettery meter that I am using (that appears in the left side on the notification bar and in the pull-down list) is battery indicator pro. There is also a free version that does pretty much everything that the pro does, but the pro version gives you colors, and I really like the app.
The gauge that is in place of the usual battery indicator comes with the monochrome theme. That gauge was the reason that I downloaded and installed that theme, I love it. The only issue that I see is, that gauge sometimes goes down to the next percentage, while the system and battery indicator pro show the correct percentage. For example, after a while, the gauge will say there is 60% battery left, while battery indicator pro and the system (settings, battery manager) will say 70%. It just seems that at times, they are mismatched, but for the most part, they reflect the same value most of the time.

Last edited: