how to turn off voice before ringtone?

niqolas619

Reaction score
So how do you turn off the woman's computer voice that reads off the contact that's calling you on an incoming call before your phone starts ringing (Droid 2)? I want it so that it's just my ringtone that rings when I get a call.

MelissaSue21

Reaction score
Someone told me to go to menu, settings, call settings, caller ID readout, then choose ring only. It's supposed to do the trick, but it didn't work for me.

OP
N

niqolas619

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I tried setting it to that - I'll see what happens the next time somebody calls me.

sissiromy

Reaction score
it does work

thanks for asking the question, I had the same concern, and I followed the steps suggested, and it works for me. Thanks!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
This is cool. I never got a call on my D2. I checked the settings above and I am set to ID then ring. So I used my real cell phone and called my D2. It said "Call from Me", then rang. FUNNY.
(Sorry, my D2 is my "computer on the couch" or "on the road" and what I use to text my family, or post on Facebook when I am to lazy to use the desktop. Plus on the family plan I always can update to a newer phone.)

cjsdrum

Reaction score
It's in the sound settings...

Go to Settings>Sound>make sure 'Roaming Tone' is unchecked. This should take away the "Verizon Wireless" voice before an incoming call is received. I have a Droid Razr Maxx... The call settings option doesn't have anything to do with the voice before an incoming call...

posttal

Reaction score
razr maxx here..on this phone go to settings...call settings..caller ID readout...and choose ring only...caller ID and ring..or just caller ID.Some phones may say use charlatan..which is also voice.