How to stop vibrate and ringtone for phone calls

johneevo

Reaction score
I just switched to using some of my MP3s as ringtones and noticed that now when I receive a phone call the phone vibrates and plays the ringtone. I don't know if that is what caused it or the recent OTA update.

Under Sound Settings I have Vibrate turned off. Has anybody else experiences this? Is there any way to stop the vibrating? I would like to maintain as much battery life as possible and the vibrating isn't helping that.

Thanks

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Try downloading audio manager from the market. It has settings for all of the volumes and vibration. Hopefully it helps kick out whatever bug you're experiencing.

xrxex

Reaction score
I've had this problem on my Thunderbolt with the ginerbread update, it seems like custom ringtones has the phone vibrate even when off. It's always been like that on my HTC.

OP
J

johneevo

Reaction score
After a little debugging I figured out that it's the Pocket Mode that is causing the phone to vibrate. Sorry I had forgotten to mention that the phone was in my pocket when I received a call.

So is there anyway to stop Pocket Mode from vibrating the phone. I thought it was only supposed to increase the volume. I wil download audio manager and see if that does the trick but I am hoping for a non-app solution.

OP
J

johneevo

Reaction score
Audio manager was not able to stop the vibrating either and now that I have checked the user manual I know why. Per the user manual "the pocket mode feature gradually increases the ring volume and vibrates when you receive a call" Sorry for troubling everybody with what amounts to non-issue.