How to save a picture as a wallpaper without stretching it?

rtb

Reaction score
I've tried to save several of my own pictures as wallpapers (all are the right resolution) but the Droid Eris stretches out only a section of the picture in the background. I just want the picture to take up the whole background, not a stretched out section of it. Any ideas?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any picture I've selected as a background allowed me to select exactly what portion of the image would "fill" the screen. It was an orange box to adjust after I selected to use an image as Wallpaper.

OP
R

rtb

Reaction score
Right, but I don't want to select a portion. I want the whole picture because its already the correct resolution. Don't you notice that the selected portion is stretched and blurry?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
960 x 854?

The wallpapers I've used aren't the same resolutions as what DROID fits. They were larger (1024 x 960 etc) so I had to select a portion of the picture. The orange selection box. The box is locked with the aspect ratio to fit the DROIDS screen. So whatever you select in that box will be what's shown as you're background.

I'm with ya tho regarding not understanding why your background would appear stretched if it's an image that's 960 x 854 and you have the entire image selected in the orange box.

Last edited:
OP
R

rtb

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, will check it out but i thought the resolution of the Eris was 320 x 480.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thanks for the link, will check it out but i thought the resolution of the Eris was 320 x 480.

Might have better luck asking in a Eris Forum....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Oh.... was thinking it was the Moto. Id def try an Eris thread. Might have better luck. Although Android OS should be consistent thru devices.

Edit: correction... isn't the Eris under the DROID umbrella? So wouldn't this forum be pertinent to it?

silverx10

Reaction score
No. The Eris is under the Android umbrella. That is, it runs the Android software.

Which doesn't make them equals.

's like saying all Windows machines are equal, regardless of monitor size, hardware, etc.