[HACKS] [HOW TO] Root your Verizon Galaxy S4

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haha don't tempt me to throw a ROM on this thing yet, I wanna give TouchWiz at least a week:p

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
umm why are the links to the kernels just pointing to and downloading a md5? is that right? wheres the kernel come form? lol

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Rooted... Thanks guys!

Let the fun begin!!!

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm confused with a few things. My gs4 is running android 4.2.2 with VRUAME7 build and I read to root it I have to format my sd card to exFAT. can somebody tell me how to do this or what this means? I have a 32gb model phone and am using my 16gb micro sd card I'm hoping it'll work.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm confused with a few things. My gs4 is running android 4.2.2 with VRUAME7 build and I read to root it I have to format my sd card to exFAT. can somebody tell me how to do this or what this means? I have a 32gb model phone and am using my 16gb micro sd card I'm hoping it'll work.

Nvm im rooted now

xXJakeXx

Reaction score
boot.img

Everytime I download the VRUAMD2 Pre-release Kernel - Link & the VRUAMDK Stock Kernel - Link files I open and extract both of these files I get a boot.img, not a md5 file like in the video. Thus not allowing me to flash them onto my phone via Odin. Is there something wrong with the link or do I need a special unpacking prg? Thanks, xXJakeXx.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hmmm. Mine failed the very first attempt in the far left window with a big red block. The error on the phone was "secure magicode check fail". Any ideas?

Is it more advantageous to go with this method of root or does the CWM or TWRP method offer better options, features, simplicity, etc.?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ok, my suspicions were correct. Thanks for the clarification. I am on me7 so I am out of luck. Is there a method that can root me7?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
There is a link in xda how to root on me7, worked like a charm for me, you just download the zip, use the terminal emulator from the playstore and put in a string of codes and thou hast root

dephloc

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone checks this thread but when using ODIN it fails when I try to load the stock ROM (SCH-I545_MD2_423399_Kernel.tar.md5) at the very beginning of the process... I tried the steps to get it working but it was to no avail, does anyone have any idea as to what I can do to fix it?