[HACKS] [HOW TO] Root your Verizon Galaxy S4

steeletown

Reaction score
Yeah it did load spooky fast. I was worried something went wrong but it was just done. I have a Cynogen mod I'm going to try in a bit..

Don't you lose multi windows and other touch wiz feat with Cynogen mod?

SpeedDMN

Reaction score
Don't you lose multi windows and other touch wiz feat with Cynogen mod?
yeah I didnt run it long. Way too dated. I went back to the hyperdrive ota rom. 2.0 is out. Haven't seen the changelog yet..

fishacura

Reaction score
So I haven't seen anything about a VZ stock image being available. Am I to then assume that you guys have rooted and flashed a rom with no ability to get back to stock? Or did I miss something about being able to back up your stock image?

SpeedDMN

Reaction score
In the instructions on rooting there is a stock image somewhere with the modified one you need to root.

fishacura

Reaction score
I thought that was the whole point of this thread (that it DID work for Verizon). NO huh? Did you try it and it failed?

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Any major advantages for rooting right now? I'm sure you can freeze/remove bloat ware, but is the phone more responsive, faster DLs, etc. Any disadvantages? I had my OG Driod rooted (by typing in tons of code from the physical keyboard) and am wondering if I should root my S4? I'm not finding the touch wiz interface to be nearly obtrusive as I thought.

As always, TIA

fishacura

Reaction score
I'll give my perspective fwiw. I have rooted prior devices yet never flashed roms. Why on earth you might ask? Well, I actually don't mind VZs stock settings. What I DO mind is all the bloatware they insist on putting on my device that not only hogs up RAM but also inundates my app screens with icons I will never even think of using. So for me, it's about that.That being said, the chip on this phone should be so fast that I cannot see a pressing need, for me, at the moment. So I'll wait until it's a bit more tested and I"m comfortable with the recovery aspects should something go awry. Other than that, "because it's there" comes to mind as another answer :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Worked great, thanks Wicked and all those involved.

Dark Helmut

Reaction score
ok i can get into the developer options but when i try to uncheck the verify aps via usb it is grayed out and i cannot uncheck it did i do something wrong?

cschaller

Reaction score
Also...rooting gets you access to Apps (like Google Wallet) that Verizon blocks...