How to return to stock

Rogue27

Reaction score
I have a fascinate that i rooted and removed some bloatware before reading through a forum that the update wont go through if i do so. Update coming to phone but keeps failing. Any ideas on how to restore to stock? Id really appreciate any help.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
R

Rogue27

Reaction score
no help?

OP
R

Rogue27

Reaction score
yeah I was able to restore and get update. All is good. Thanks.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My phone was rooted when I got the recent update. I went ahead and updated, everything installed ok, but now none of my root apps work. Any ideas? I'm not to smart with this stuff yet so the easier the better!

OP
R

Rogue27

Reaction score
Yeah when u update it removes root from ur phone so u have to reroot ur device. U can just Google search from ur phone z4root APK download and install. Easy fix

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the info. I installed z4root and hit permanent root, and it did its thing then returned to my home screen... But its still not rooted. I tried temporary root, Nothing. I don't know what the deal is. Super user is still on my list of apps even

Sent from my SCH-I500

OP
R

Rogue27

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure why but z4root never goes through on the first try even though it looks like it does. Give it one or two more tries and it will root. Same thing happened with mine

[email protected]

Reaction score
Sorry I hate to keep bugging you but I tried it about six more times and nothing. Is there anything special I need to be doing? Or anything I can try?

Sent from my SCH-I500

[email protected]

Reaction score
I Got it figured out! I uninstalled advanced task killer and my anti virus, look out and then tried the method that worked for me before. Diirks one click method. It worked on the first time! And now I'm rooted and everything is working great! I had tried this exact thing before with the task killer and anti virus on and it would never work.

Sent from my Fascinate

Katnipthief

Reaction score
Fascinate has built in task killer. Just use that. I use it and get at least 2 days off a charge and I never put my phone down all day.

Mylt1

Reaction score
Z4root doesn't work on the new update. You have to use another root method. Not sure if the creator is working on a new version of z4 to work with the new update or not. Might want to send him a message and ask.